Injury Report: Infirmary Thread '15-16 [Davidson, Ference, Klefbom, Gryba, Pouliot, Nuge]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
new gregor articel up about klefbom: http://oilersnation.com/2016/4/12/klefbom-will-need-specially-fitted-skate

it certainly sounds like this will continue to be an issue unless he finds the right skate... it also sounds like the skate will be a long term thing, rather than a short term fix for the summer (like many were hoping)... he could find the right skate, or it could continue to be an issue long term... i guess we'll see

its certainly not a "settled matter that the long term problems are over" like so many on here seem to be thinking

quote from kel: "I mean there is so much stuff to do and I mean hopefully the big thing is going to be to find a really good skate so that I don’t have to worry about this problem anymore." doesn't exactly sound like a problem he has put to bed .... there are lots of other quotes like that as well, showing that this is still an issue

Im guessing by "right skate" he means to be able to use for summer and for TC. Consistant with the other article, the skin was weakened.Im not doctor but I think youd have to have a special skate while skin is getting thick again

I mean this doesnt sound long term to me

Gregor: Oscar, I really appreciate you joining us to let fans know how you’re feeling. I know they’ll all be excited to hear that it was just a temporary setback and you’ll be back next year with no lingering effects and enjoying the new arena.

Maybe you are reading a different article, because there is legit nothing else to suggest a long term issue, much less "lots of other quotes"

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
new gregor articel up about klefbom: http://oilersnation.com/2016/4/12/klefbom-will-need-specially-fitted-skate

it certainly sounds like this will continue to be an issue unless he finds the right skate... it also sounds like the skate will be a long term thing, rather than a short term fix for the summer (like many were hoping)... he could find the right skate, or it could continue to be an issue long term... i guess we'll see

its certainly not a "settled matter that the long term problems are over" like so many on here seem to be thinking

quote from kel: "I mean there is so much stuff to do and I mean hopefully the big thing is going to be to find a really good skate so that I don’t have to worry about this problem anymore." doesn't exactly sound like a problem he has put to bed .... there are lots of other quotes like that as well, showing that this is still an issue

Talk about selective reading.

Gregor: Some people were concerned this could bother you long term. Is it true once you find the right skate, there should really be no lingering effects?

Klefbom: Absolutely. What I’m thinking right now, let’s find a good solution during the summer and I should be ready to go, one hundred percent. It’s not going to be bothering me at all next season. And what it feels like now and what it looks like right now, it’s been so much better the last couple of weeks. So I’m not concerned of anything for the next season actually.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011

Not sure how that is what you got from the article. They literally say word for word near the end that there is no way this will be a long term issue...

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
So other than Klefbom we should be really healthy as the start of the season, right?

Who knows, players get injured in camp or training all the time. Not to mention the World Cup and World Championship.

vincent1999

May 5, 2014
Kleflom

Klefbom will be healthy too, looks like...

so what is the current health status of Klefblom, and what is the time frame in terms of him getting back to 100%??

where is he projected to be by the start of training camp or the start of the regular season??

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
so what is the current health status of Klefblom, and what is the time frame in terms of him getting back to 100%??

where is he projected to be by the start of training camp or the start of the regular season??

Skating in Edmonton currently, Gregor says he'll be ready son

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
the last i heard on klefbom was that the first day of skating he still had soreness in his ankle, but on the subsequent days it was okay... i know its the middle of summer and all, but has anybody heard anything else regarding his health?

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
the last i heard on klefbom was that the first day of skating he still had soreness in his ankle, but on the subsequent days it was okay... i know its the middle of summer and all, but has anybody heard anything else regarding his health?

I got this from Bob Black, who says that Klef is 100%. I know he's on the business side of the org but he knows.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
My heart skipped when I saw this thread bumped. I will pray out young'ins don't get injured. I hope to not see this thread at all this season.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Paigin injured apparently. 2-3 weeks but happy the oilers seem to be healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->