Speculation: Inactive Franchises

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
if as is currently being reported…..the Phoenix coyotes franchise is indeed made “inactive“ for the next five years or more while the league searches for a new Phoenix owner/Murrllo builds a rink…

this means that apparently, a franchise in the NHL is no longer always a franchise no matter where it is…

Does that open the door to Winnipeg being able to eliminate the thrashers from our franchise history and reclaim Winnipeg Jets 1.0 history? this has happened with Both NBA and NFL… is the NHL doing this?

furthermore, what happens to Atlanta if they get another expansion team would they be able to have both the flames and the thrashers history on their books?

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
Does this mean Utah is just leasing the franchise until Arizona is ready to operate it ?
according to Friedman and all the reporting I can find

the dogs are”inactive”.

SLC is now essentially a different franchise and is “purchasing player and staff contracts from the coyotes via the league”…for 1.2 billion who are buying it from Murillo for 1 Billion…. .(none of this makes sense but that’s the wording being reported)

so, IF Murello can hit his benchmarks, within 5 years…he can pay 1 billion back to the league and own the AZ Coyotes franchise again. and Young has a Utah franchise as well…

so again. what does inactive mean? and what does it mean for Jets 1.0 and both Atlanta franchises?

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
according to Friedman and all the reporting I can find

the dogs are”inactive”.

SLC is now essentially a different franchise and is “purchasing player and staff contracts from the coyotes via the league”…for 1.2 billion who are buying it from Murillo for 1 Billion…. .(none of this makes sense but that’s the wording being reported)

so, IF Murello can hit his benchmarks, within 5 years…he can pay 1 billion back to the league and own the AZ Coyotes franchise again. and Young has a Utah franchise as well…

so again. what does inactive mean? and what does it mean for Jets 1.0 and both Atlanta franchises?
If this is all true, and if I'm being cynical, this sounds like the NHL simply buying more time for an Arizona reset. Which means a delay in any transfer of Jets 1.0 history.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
If this is all true, and if I'm being cynical, this sounds like the NHL simply buying more time for an Arizona reset. Which means a delay in any transfer of Jets 1.0 history.
i’ll be honest… i think this whole thing is fishy as hell.

but… if this happens the way the reporters are suggesting it does, then the door is opened and i think there’s a clear path to teams getting thier record books back.

in reality it’s pretty simple and is mostly a few spreadsheets moved about in the league DB

Reactions: kanadalainen

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Like I said before in another thread, there is precident with the Charlotte Hornets 1.0 & 2.0 and the New Orleans Pelicans of the NBA.

Reactions: macmaroon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad