In their primes: Rank these 4:Kevin Stevens, Joe Mullen, Dino Cicarelli, Wendal Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBear*

4 of the greatest players to ever play. How would you rank these from best to least. Heres mine.

1. Joe Mullen
2. Dino Cicarelli
3. Kevin Stevens
4. Wendal Clark

All very close though.

Juicer

Mar 14, 2004
PapaBear said:
4 of the greatest players to ever play. How would you rank these from best to least. Heres mine.

1. Joe Mullen
2. Dino Cicarelli
3. Kevin Stevens
4. Wendal Clark

All very close though.

Prime:

Wendel
Kevin
Dino
Joe

Career:

Joe
Dino
Wendel
Kevin

flyercide

Feb 27, 2002
Philadelphia
Visit site
1. Stevens
-----------
2. Ciccarelli
3. Clark
-----------
4. Mullen

There's my 4. I think some might undervalue just how good Steven's was since he played with Mario. One of if not the best left winger ever. I was big Dino fan. Clark had some awesome seasons but always seemed cut short by injuries to be considered any higher than 3rd on my list.

CRUNK JUICE

Nov 19, 2002
Austin, TX
webspace.utexas.edu
flyercide said:
1. Stevens
-----------
2. Ciccarelli
3. Clark
-----------
4. Mullen

There's my 4. I think some might undervalue just how good Steven's was since he played with Mario. One of if not the best left winger ever. I was big Dino fan. Clark had some awesome seasons but always seemed cut short by injuries to be considered any higher than 3rd on my list.

I'm a big Pens fan, but I really don't think Kevin Stevens in his prime approaches "best left wing ever." I seem to remember some guy named Hull who played that position pretty darn well back in the day.

Here's my rating:
1. Ciccarelli
2. Mullen
3. Stevens
4. Clark

I BARELY (literally, like a hair's difference) give Dino the edge over Mullen based on him having one more 40+ goal season plus the element of sheer nastiness that Joey really didn't really have, although few stack up to just how vicious Dino could be. Someone on here said it best: "He'd spear his own mother if his breakfast was cold." Both had better longevity and durability than Clark and Stevens (one of my favorite players, btw).

Anyway, they're all very good players and it's tough to argue with any order that's put up here.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Stevens in his prime wasn't the best LW ever...but not far from it. The argument could be made that he was the best power forward LW ever though.

My rankings...
Prime
1. Stevens
2. Ciccarelli
3. Mullen
4. Clark

Career
1. Mullen
2. Ciccarelli
3. Clark
4. Stevens

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
Stevens in his prime wasn't the best LW ever...but not far from it. The argument could be made that he was the best power forward LW ever though.

My rankings...
Prime
1. Stevens
2. Ciccarelli
3. Mullen
4. Clark

Career
1. Mullen
2. Ciccarelli
3. Clark
4. Stevens
Ditto

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Handsome B. Wonderful said:

My rankings...
Prime
1. Stevens
2. Ciccarelli
3. Mullen
4. Clark

Career
1. Mullen
2. Ciccarelli
3. Clark
4. Stevens

That's my rating pretty much.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
in his prime, i'd have clark over both mullen and ciccarelli. he was an absolute warrior, and added so much more to the team than points. unfortunately, his prime was too short

Prime:
Stevens
Clark
Ciccarelli
Mullen

Career:
Ciccarelli
Mullen
Stevens
Clark

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
flyercide said:
1. Stevens
-----------
2. Ciccarelli
3. Clark
-----------
4. Mullen

have to admit I'm surprised to see you have mullen so far back...in 89 he was first team allstar RW and best player on the league's best team...he was pretty good in his prime, and over the long haul

Gainey23

Aug 17, 2004
1. Joe Mullen
2. Wendal Clark
3. Dino Cicarelli
4. Kevin Stevens

not very close

PapaBear said:

1. Joe Mullen
2. Dino Cicarelli
3. Kevin Stevens
4. Wendal Clark

All very close though.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
As far as careers go:

Ciccarelli
Mullen
Stevens
Clark

In their prime:

Stevens
Ciccarelli
Mullen/Clark tied

As much as I loved Wendel he never really had a great season not once. He had that season in '94 when he had 76 points, but never anymore than that. I know injuries took a toll on him so you'll never know how good he could have been but based on that you can't say he was any better than any of these guys. If Stevens had a longer career he'd be in the Hall of Fame no doubt. Its the Neely clause with him. Mullen is already in the HOF and had a good career, and Dino could arguably be in there. But in his prime Stevens is just a shade better than Dino. Look at his career form '90-93 and you'll see. To me if it wasnt for Rich Pilon's collsion in '93 and his substance abuse problems he's have played longer and become a HOFer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad