"In Studio" on The Pipeline Show

Guy Flaming

It's become tradition on my show that through July and August each summer, we'll invite 2-3 players or coaches or scouts or trainers, etc. to come in studio with us for a full hour. It's become quite popular with our regular audience so I thought I'd share it with you here at HF in case you haven't heard a show before.

What I like to do is get in guests who have some sort of history together. It often leads to friendly barbs being thrown around, some great dirt at times and generally just a much more relaxed and candid setting.

Obviously being based in Edmonton, the guys we get in are from this part of the world but certainly NOT all are prospects of the Oilers. TPS is anything but an Oilers show.

So far this summer (with links) we've had:

Keegan Lowe (Carolina) & Travis Ewanyk (EDM) - both are former teammates with the Edmonton Oil Kings but made the jump to the AHL as rookies last year.

Brandon Magee (UFA) & Josh Winquist (UFA) & Jaedon Deschenau (STL) - All three played in the WHL last year and were statistical leaders on their respective teams - Victoria, Everett and Kootenay.

Cody Kunyk (TBY) & Colton Parayko (STL) - Teammates with the Alaska Nanooks and both alums from the Alberta Junior Hockey League, these guys were a lot of fun.

Head Coach Dave Hakstol & Dillon Simpson (EDM) - University of North Dakota head coach and outgoing captain. Hak is from a small town called Warburg, about 45 minutes away from Edmonton, and I was able to convince him to come in while visiting on holidays. Simpson has been a regular each summer.

Jaynen Rissling (NSH) & Duncan Siemens (COL) - A key prospect for the Avalanche and a new one for the Predators, two guys who played a similar role on their respective WHL clubs; Calgary and Saskatoon.

TONIGHT:

I have three guys from the WHL who are also NHL Draft eligible next June, 2015, and are heading down to Calgary this weekend to try out for the Canadian Ivan Hlinka squad. They are Giorgio Estephan (Lethbirdge), Matteo Gennaro (Prince Albert) and Grayson Pawlenchuk (Red Deer).

You can hear the show live for free via the www.thepipelineshow.com or www.TSN1260.ca (TSN Radio in Edmonton) from 7-9pm MT (9-11pm ET). If you have any questions for the guys, feel free to tweet them at me:

@TPS_Guy and use #TPSinStudio

I'll post the update link to the archive in case you miss it live.

Cheers,

- Guy

Last edited:

Guy Flaming

Here is the link from tonight's edition of TPS with Giorgio Estephan of the Lethbridge Hurricanes, Grayson Pawlenchuk from Red Deer Rebels and Prince Albert Raiders forward Matteo Gennaro.

Link

On Saturday we'll have Chicago Blackhawks prospect goalie Matt Tomkins (Ohio State) and Duluth Bulldogs forward Sammy Spurrell. One more still to be added to the mix.

Guy Flaming

Tomorrow's show includes Ohio State starter Matt Tomkins (CHI), Duluth forward Sammy Spurrell and now I've added Penn State forward David Glen.

If you have any questions for the guys, same instructions as in the original post.

@TPS_Guy #TPSinSTUDIO

Show is live from 10am-Noon MT (Noon-2pm ET) with the In Studio portion being the final hour. http://www.thepipelineshow.com/

- Cheers.

btw: any requests?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Since Draisaitl is working out in Edmonton, could you get him on the show with Steve Serdachny (assuming that's who he is working on his skating with). Maybe see how he compares to past NHLers Serdachny has trained? Again, I'm simply assuming it's Serdachny given the work he's done with Oiler players/prospects in the past. It would be great to get some updates on Dr. Drai's progress.

Guy Flaming

I believe Avs prospects Troy Bourke, Colin Smith and Mason Geertsen are from Edmonton. Smith would be especially interesting to hear about his journey.

Tried for both Smith and Bourke already this summer, wasn't a time to fit either in with their schedules. Might take another try with Smith.

Geertsen is on the list too, no confirmed date yet.

TONIGHT: Pittsburgh Penguins scout Wayne Meier and Rick Jackson from NHL Central Scouting are in studio. Any questions for the scouts about scouting (not specifically a Penguins draft show) let me know.

- Guy

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Tried for both Smith and Bourke already this summer, wasn't a time to fit either in with their schedules. Might take another try with Smith.

Geertsen is on the list too, no confirmed date yet.

TONIGHT: Pittsburgh Penguins scout Wayne Meier and Rick Jackson from NHL Central Scouting are in studio. Any questions for the scouts about scouting (not specifically a Penguins draft show) let me know.

- Guy

Ah cool, hope something works out. Also, I know Nick Holden is from the Edmonton area too.

Thanks for the heads up on the scouting show, should be interesting.

Guy Flaming

Tonight I have two members of the WHL's Calgary Hitmen coming in:

Greg Chase (EDM) who has a realistic shot at 100 pts this year with the Hitmen and is also in the running for a Canadian roster spot for the 2015 WJC.

Adam Tambellini (NYR) who started last year in North Dakota, left and ended the WHL season with 39 points in 31 games.

Got a question for either or both players? Tweet them with #TPSinStudio

Guy Flaming

Tonight I have two members of the WHL's Calgary Hitmen coming in:

Greg Chase (EDM) who has a realistic shot at 100 pts this year with the Hitmen and is also in the running for a Canadian roster spot for the 2015 WJC.

Adam Tambellini (NYR) who started last year in North Dakota, left and ended the WHL season with 39 points in 31 games.

Got a question for either or both players? Tweet them with #TPSinStudio

Archived at TPS

Soundcloud.com

And will be up at iTunes soon too.

Guy Flaming

Saturday's show was a double shot of "In Studio" guests.

Hour 1 had Edmonton Oil Kings head Equipment manager Rogan Dean and Head Athletic Therapist Brian Cheeseman with a lot of inside stuff from the Memorial Cup championship season.

Hour 2 featured the three Quenneville brothers; Peter (CBJ), John (NJD) and David (2016) and it was the expected rip fest with three brothers in the studio at the same time.

Archived: http://www.thepipelineshow.com/media_detail.php?show=1408161600&sn=10

Soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/pipeline-show

Tomorrow night on TPS: Dustin Schwartz, Jordan Papirny and Ty Rimmer form an all goalie edition of In Studio plus the winners of the 2014 PIPE-ies are announced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad