In a few years, Russia may finally ice a top defensive lineup

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
If everything goes as planned and our prospects develop as advertised, we might have a good top 6 for the next World Cup 2020.

Provorov (left shot, expected to be a top 2 defenseman in Flyers lineup, currently plays most minutes in their pre season games)

Zaitsev (right shot, expected to be a top 2 defenseman for the Leafs, had a great World Cup proving he can play well against highest competition, had great Corsi numbers)

Sergachev (left shot, expected to be a top 2 Habs d man, regarded as the best d man in OHL and the top Montreal prospect, so far has been fairly impressive in the pre season)

Tryamkin(left shot, 6'7, 265, projected to reach Canucks top 4, hopefully he can become at least somewhat like Chara which could be great as he has decent skating for his size)

Voynov (right shot, 26 years old, will be the oldest d man in the lineup, he was already an established NHL player, sucks he had to go back to KHL, but I think he can still be valuable in the future)

Orlov(left shot, should be top 4 for the Caps, very offensively skilled, but needs to work on his defensive game, was top 2 for us in the World Cup and hopefully will improve)

Do you guys agree the future is bright?

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
The reports about Tryamkin I have read say that he has played like Aki Berg with vertigo.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Personally, I like Gavrikov and Bereglazov for the future quite a bit. Not as stars, but as supporting players. Zadorov might still turn it around as well. I certainly don't think that Tryamkin is a better bet than him.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Don't forget Mironov, Nesterov, Paigin, and also Samorukov potentially among younger guys.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Zadorov seems to be forgotten for no good reason, he was the next big thing 2 years ago before Provorov arrived to the scene. Rafikov is also looking pretty good.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
It is kind of usual stuff that Marchenko is getting no love, but I think currently he is as good as Voynov, still a bit younger.

I thought Marchenko was more than solid in the World Cup.

It was the Montreal pair of Emelin and Markov who were terrible.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I think Marchenko regarded as good only shows how bad Russian Ds really are. He is a solid mid-pairing NHL defenseman but how does he stack up against the fact that Lindholm was sitting out games for Sweden and Canada didn't even invite Giordano?

Flynn84

Apr 27, 2006
In 4 years

Provorov
Zaitsev
Zadorov
Voynov
Sergachyov
Orlov
Kulikov
Marchenko
Gavrikov
Rykov
Ozhiganov
Rafikov
Bereglazov
Antipin
Kiselevich

Not a fan of Tryamkin, Nesterov, Mironov, Paigin.

Btw Artemiy Knyazev will be 19 years old guy in 4 years :).

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I like Arzamastsev and Koledov as well.

EDIT: also don't overlook Rinat Valiev, who made a positive impression in NHL last year and should get a call up this year also. Not a star, but I think he still has a good future.

Last edited:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Should we add Zborovsky to the list?

He's playing incredibly in the CHL. Started the WJC a bit rough, but finished strong

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Maybe, but Rykov might be better.

I doubt that we will field an entire D core with stars, that wasn't even the case during USSR days, but expectations should be FAR better then what we saw at World Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->