"Improving Special Teams Will Help Get The Blues Back To The Elite"

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Thank you for letting me join the board. I'm a writer for the Runner Sports covering the St. Louis Blues. I welcome all constructive feedback. I value your opinions and I would like to generate discussions. LETS GO BLUES

Improving Special Teams Will Help Get The Blues Back To The Elite - The Runner Sports

You've writed all general things about Blues; slack of goaltending, injuries, but not the right question of why Blues really has been bad at powerplay?

Why not talk about coaching staff?

1. Is Yeo right guy for the powerplay job?
2. Should Doug Armstong hire new powerplay assistant coach?
3. What are powerplay coaching asstistant options for this off-season? Whom has record of being good on that part?

We've enough of offensive skill to the powerplay be succesfull, biggest thing is how to found system and right setups for it to perform in our level, which in my mind is NHL top5 not bottom 30th.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Just from a purely storytelling perspective, if you're going to mention the Blues missing the playoffs by a single point in the final game of the season...why not start the actual article with a description of that game and the circumstances surrounding it to set the stage for the rest of the article? Seems like a natural starting point full of inherent drama that would engage the reader. I was at that game and can tell you first hand, it was highly anticipated and the atmosphere surrounding it was electric.

This description of the PP was accurate, but frankly, poorly written IMO:
The team struggled to gain the offensive zone on a lot of their man advantages, the reluctance to shoot from the point, and the lack of movement with the puck. This led to opponents being able to defend against this easily and led to the PP units continually being stuck on the boards trying to find a pass to set up again.
The reluctance to shoot and the lack of movement, what...? Seems like an incomplete thought. Also, this lead to...being able to defend against this...too many "this"-es.

Gareth Moyse

May 14, 2018
Just from a purely storytelling perspective, if you're going to mention the Blues missing the playoffs by a single point in the final game of the season...why not start the actual article with a description of that game and the circumstances surrounding it to set the stage for the rest of the article? Seems like a natural starting point full of inherent drama that would engage the reader. I was at that game and can tell you first hand, it was highly anticipated and the atmosphere surrounding it was electric.

This description of the PP was accurate, but frankly, poorly written IMO:

The reluctance to shoot and the lack of movement, what...? Seems like an incomplete thought. Also, this lead to...being able to defend against this...too many "this"-es.
thanks for the feedback

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Good article. Agree with the poster that brought up the coaching staff as an important aspect not explored. Odd that you're based out of Toronto, from Scotland, yet writing about the Blues. Now that's international!

Gareth Moyse

May 14, 2018
Good article. Agree with the poster that brought up the coaching staff as an important aspect not explored. Odd that you're based out of Toronto, from Scotland, yet writing about the Blues. Now that's international!
Ha Ha !! yes very random. Not met one Blues' fan in Toronto. When I starting watching hockey when I first came over to this part of the world in 2008 I had no idea about the teams so I picked the Blues because of their initials STL (same as Scotland) Watched them ever since !! Cheers for the feedback on the article

Reactions: RoarBacon

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Ha Ha !! yes very random. Not met one Blues' fan in Toronto. When I starting watching hockey when I first came over to this part of the world in 2008 I had no idea about the teams so I picked the Blues because of their initials STL (same as Scotland) Watched them ever since !! Cheers for the feedback on the article
Ha ha! Well you met one on this board! I live in the Greater Toronto Area. Like you, I have yet to meet a fellow Blues fan up here. :) I appreciate your contribution. Welcome!

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Welcome Gareth!! I kind of think some of the Blues problems on the PP is due to personnel.

Sure, some of it is coaching and use of personnel but I think the Blues need some new talent on the team to enhance the product.

Thanks for all your efforts!!

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad