OT: IMFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Big difference, under Biello this team had no style. Kick and run, no vision, no ambition. Garde just got here from Europe, made some major changes, now works with half a squad, what did he expect? It takes time even for coaches, look at Vieira when he started NYCFC, his first 10 games (including a 7-1 defeat to NYRB). Tata with Atlanta last year and so on. Brett talks a lot of ****, that's why nobody listen to his show. Gotta wait at least till the summer, the squad can look like

Torres/Ben Arfa
Piatti
Edwards-Taider-Monconduit-Silva
Lovitz-Fanni-Fisher-RB

sell Mancosu, release Donadel, do something with Vargas if it doesn't change, not bad at all if u ask me

Brett didn't say it was a bad move to bring in Garde based on those stats, he just used them to nuance people's opinion of Biello, which I think is fair. He's definitely not better than Garde, but he's not as bad as some people said. We (Québéecois) are very often harsh on one of us compared to the treatment we give to others. Nul n'est prophète en son pays qu'ils disent.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Brett didn't say it was a bad move to bring in Garde based on those stats, he just used them to nuance people's opinion of Biello, which I think is fair. He's definitely not better than Garde, but he's not as bad as some people said. We (Québéecois) are very often harsh on one of us compared to the treatment we give to others. Nul n'est prophète en son pays qu'ils disent.

lets wait for more than 7 games to put any judgement... why do we need to defend Biello? has far as I know Biello had 2 years. and Drogba while he was still dominant at mls level in year 1.

seriously.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The difference with Biello last year and Garde this year is that Biello had the same experienced MLS squad. Whereas it's not just Garde who is new to this league, but so are Taider, Vargas, Silva, Camacho, Fanni, injured Diallo, as well as new acquisitions Petrasso, Edwards, and Raitala. A good chunk of the squad is new, and a bunch of them first time MLS'ers.

Reactions: ShaMu and JayKing

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
The difference with Biello last year and Garde this year is that Biello had the same experienced MLS squad. Whereas it's not just Garde who is new to this league, but so are Taider, Vargas, Silva, Camacho, Fanni, injured Diallo, as well as new acquisitions Petrasso, Edwards, and Raitala. A good chunk of the squad is new, and a bunch of them first time MLS'ers.

That's true, I just want to remind people that Brett's point is to make us realize Biello might not have been as bad as we thought he was. Not that Garde is a lesser coach or that he should be compared to Biello (he has applauded the move since the start and said it was a major turning point in IMFC history).

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Bayern-Real in less than 2 and a half hours

Lol meant to say Liverpool-Roma. The other game is tomorrow

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Yeah but what killed Biello's status with Impact was the end of the last season not the first 7 games. By showing Biello isn't that bad as we thought he was is also implying that Garde isn't as good as we think he is, whether it is intentional or not on his behalf. Most, at this time last year were eagerly waiting for Dzemaili to join and wanted a full squad before they could pass judgment.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Yeah but what killed Biello's status with Impact was the end of the last season not the first 7 games. By showing Biello isn't that bad as we thought he was is also implying that Garde isn't as good as we think he is, whether it is intentional or not on his behalf. Most, at this time last year were eagerly waiting for Dzemaili to join and wanted a full squad before they could pass judgment.

I think you're twisting the message Brett wanted to make across.

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Mohammed Salah 2-0 - Roma at the break

Edit: just watched his 2 goals. Amazing goals and he refuses to celebrate because it’s against his former team, class act.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad