OT: IMFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Where does he fit exactly? Would Garde make Piette a bench player and risk having the casual fan turn on him? Even in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2 system, Taïder shold be the one next to Piette no?

I don't know the player, Monconduit seems to be another clean-up guy, but maybe more dynamic with the ball? He could complete the trio in the mid and get Silva to play on the wing. Having Piette or Monconduit on the bench is not the end of the world though, we have no depth at that position. If Piette gets injured we're screwed. If they have a guy like Monconduit, and one of the mid gets injured or red carded, they have more options (even Silva can drop back) and keeps bench players like Krolicki where they belong.

Reactions: ShaMu

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
I dont know why many fans often assume that as soon as we get someone from another league without even seeing him play, it's to bench someone. Like with Camacho, whom so many had replacing Cabrera right off the bat, and the guy is getting runned around like an amateur and getting burned on every duel. I hope he gets better but he's not performing to bench anyone right now, not even Cabrera, not even close.

Having Piette or Monconduit on the bench is not the end of the world though, we have no depth at that position. If Piette gets injured we're screwed.

Exactly. I dont know that Monconduit guy, but we definitely need better cm's and dm's on the bench. I've been insisting on this since training camp. We only have 3 proven MLS caliber players in those positions and one of them is injured like I predicted (Donadel). I dont understand why there hasnt been more emphasis on that positon from the FO and no pressure from supporters, it's the most important position in the game, thus the most important to have depth at. Though I'll also have to add that our fullbacks are not starting material, and Duvall just cant defend, same as last year, and the 352 makes it even worst, imo.

While so many have been focussed on a striker, it's not the real problem with our team. We have no problem scoring goals, we didnt have any problem with that last year either, we have a problem in transition and staying organized and compact while defending, just like last year. We looked better in that regards with the 4141 we were playing early on.

edit: il Monconduit a l'exaspération!

Last edited:
Reactions: TRG

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I think people the loss gets blown out of proportion. How many games have we seen the team with 11 players on the field for the whole 90 minutes? Cut the red cards to begin with.

To be transparent, I didn't watch the game. I only saw the highlights.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I think people the loss gets blown out of proportion. How many games have we seen the team with 11 players on the field for the whole 90 minutes? Cut the red cards to begin with.

To be transparent, I didn't watch the game. I only saw the highlights.

It's not the losses, it's the way they lose. Nobody was alarmed when they began the season 0-2, there were many positives in those losses. Last game hadn't it been for Bush, we lose 8-3.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
:lol:

Oh yeah, I'd see Krolicki as a number 10... for the academy u14.
But they probably have a kid there already who can actually see obvious opportunities and pass the ball forward sometimes, you know, like a player with vision.

And that kid will demand a transfer within his first pro year with IMFC :sarcasm:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I saw him play against PSG right before Neymar's debut. PSG won something like 1-0 or 2-0, partly due to this guy. Could've went 4-0. He was the player that stood out the most for his most for his side BY FAR. Typical box-2-box dmid any team would want. Miles better than Piette. That'd like comparing Duka to Piatti. Could go a top tier team if he wants to.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

He's on this week's TOTW. I'm glad Garde didn't waste time to look for upgrade at DM. He'll probably be the 3rd DP or GAM $ at the very least bc there is no way he comes at 200k. He's closer to a Bradley than Piette. Very physical and tall guy too (for a DM).

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I was checking my search history and I did check out Monconduit as well as Adrien Thomasson from Nantes 2 months ago. :D

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Please allow me to be pessimistic on this guy. We should aim at better players, period. The MLS is growing and getting better every season. Whilst other teams are going after young south americans with high potential or high profile players from Europe, we are still getting those no-name players who never proved anything significant in Europe or South America.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Brett brought up, to me, a good point at JC's show:

Acquistions for Biello last Off-season:
1KCaniY
Hay Bales GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Acquisitions for Garde:
1izvWJ2
Make It Rain GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Maybe people were harsh with Biello to say he was not an MLS coach?

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
Our CBs all cost us the game. Cabrera with the red and penalty, Camacho with the soft giveaway when LAFC tied and Raitala with the OG.

What a disaster.

Diallo-Fisher was a great plan A. Two tall, agressive, calm and conservative CBs.

Cabrera can save a goal at times, but then do 3 dumb mistakes. Camacho is as much of a disappointment as Boldor was and Raitala isn’t that bad, but sometimes he has no idea how to play soccer.

Fanni is our best CB, but he’s 36 and we need to expect him being sidelined quite often.

This season will kill the casual fan

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal

He's on this week's TOTW. I'm glad Garde didn't waste time to look for upgrade at DM. He'll probably be the 3rd DP or GAM $ at the very least bc there is no way he comes at 200k. He's closer to a Bradley than Piette. Very physical and tall guy too (for a DM).

3rd DP :laugh:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Please allow me to be pessimistic on this guy. We should aim at better players, period. The MLS is growing and getting better every season. Whilst other teams are going after young south americans with high potential or high profile players from Europe, we are still getting those no-name players who never proved anything significant in Europe or South America.
Monconduit is alot better than you think. At least watch him play before criticizing. He plays in mid tier first division team not the 3rd Korean division. He'd be a top 5 DM in this league, something we never had. I don't know Moulin as I never saw him play but I'm sure he is better than him. and less expensive

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Brett brought up, to me, a good point at JC's show:

Acquistions for Biello last Off-season:
1KCaniY
Hay Bales GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Acquisitions for Garde:
1izvWJ2
Make It Rain GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Maybe people were harsh with Biello to say he was not an MLS coach?

Big difference, under Biello this team had no style. Kick and run, no vision, no ambition. Garde just got here from Europe, made some major changes, now works with half a squad, what did he expect? It takes time even for coaches, look at Vieira when he started NYCFC, his first 10 games (including a 7-1 defeat to NYRB). Tata with Atlanta last year and so on. Brett talks a lot of shit, that's why nobody listen to his show. Gotta wait at least till the summer, the squad can look like

Torres/Ben Arfa
Piatti
Edwards-Taider-Monconduit-Silva
Lovitz-Fanni-Fisher-RB

sell Mancosu, release Donadel, do something with Vargas if it doesn't change, not bad at all if u ask me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->