OT: IMFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal

The shade... Zlatan played a full 90 minutes with not a single shot attempted, at home and some people thought he was gonna bring them back to their glory days lol. I don't know which team is worse LA Galaxy or Montreal Impact? Oh and let's not be surprised if Arsene Wenger ends up with the Galaxy.

Lmao - you were really waiting for a game like this weren’t you?

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Taider is shaping up to be the worst DP signing for the impact. He’s doing squat. And to say that we needed to do a lot of convincing for him to agree to come. He should have never been a DP.

I think Garde is going through a lot of what other european coaches struggle with, i.e understimating the MLS. Why did he insist on bringing a terrible defender like Camacho?

The team is simply not good enough. We have guys like Duval, Lovitz, Krolicki in our starting lineups, guys whos should be borderline MLS caliber. Camacho is clearly not good enough and I hope we won’t have to see him often in the lineup.

Also sick of Cabrera, overratand not starting caliber. Piette - we see now why he played in Spains’s 3rd tier. He can be an effective anchor, but not good enough with the ball for this league. Vargas if he doesn’t score you never see him in the game. And we still don’t have a striker.

Overall poorly constructed team. I’m really bummed, was very excited for this season.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Yeah I'm at the point where I'm accepting this is a team full of jabronis. We talk about Diallo's injury, but we don't even know how he'd be doing right now. Ultimately, it's DeSantis, Braz and Saputo himself responsible for the lack of stability, they've had 0 foresight since joining the MLS. It's roster overhaul after roster overhaul because they fail to acquire core players who can keep up in the growing MLS. Garde came in with good intentions, but too much inexperience to judge the level of this league and we're not the richest team, so every mistake in recruitment has a considerable impact.

We also have no reserve team, and many guys in the roster need to play.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I think some of you are freacking out way too early here.

On Camacho: Look at his highlights on youtube, he's way more passive than the agressive defender he was in Belgium. It's a process for now, but he is going to get way better.

On Silva: Yesterday was his best game by a mile. Before the red card, he delivered 2 very good balls. His play making will pick up soon enough.

On Taïder: Yesterday he was plain bad, but that wasn't the norm. I think once the ball goes in the net, the offense will pick up. He's a different profile than Dzemaili, but a pure box-to-box was a need for a while.

My #1 concern right now, is that we badly need a pure big strong n.9. All our goals are running plays or set pieces, but we never score on rebounds or high traffic plays because Piatti and Vargas get pushed around too easily. I hope we end up dropping Vargas back to midfield and get a real striker before we get a CAM.

Reactions: QuebecPride

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Camacho would benefit from sitting and watching for a few more weeks. He just doesn't look ready at the moment . Too bad the depth is so thin, he kinda has to be out there til Fanni comes back .

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
The initial fear when Garde first joined was potentially his underestimation of the league, which happened, sadly.

Then, the first mistake was not drafting anyone in the top 10. That's not on Garde, but Braz. This year had perhaps the best pool in a while and for whatever reason(s) decided to skip on it. Proof : Krolicki a 3rd rounder is a starter atm and imo the guy with the best vision on the team if played properly (CAM)... We didn't even sign an Academy guy that is still on the team (outside of Pantemis that will probably won't play a single minute this year). Crepeau 3rd string goalie in USL, AJH showing what I've been telling all of you in months, Choiniere getting injured, Princess Jr. that wanted no association with this team. Chris Mueller, drafted 6th in total already got 3 goals and 1 assist. He would be the 2nd best scorer here and he's a RW. The initial mistake was giving up on not one but TWO top picks, the bigger mistake was not getting anything significant in return. I don't care about the Draft v Academy argument, I'm past that, there's nothing else to be said, there's a clear winner atm. Don't even @ me.

Another mistake is the recruitment. I for one believe Defenders should be given more time to adapt but Camacho is fastly looking like the worst defender I've seen since Ranocchia. As of today, Camacho should be a bench option nothing more than that. Fanni-Cabrera, Fanni-Raitala, Cabrera-Raitala anything to exclude Camacho. The best CB partnership would be Fisher-Fanni. I think the fact that Garde tried to bring in Grenier here shows some seriousness on his behalf, although he ain't that good.

As for Taider, the mistake on top of giving him a DP Spot was to sell him as the Dzemaili replacement. He's a good player that is average in every department but adds no flavor unlike Dze. On a good team, he would be useful but on a below average team he would display more flaws than anything. I'm sure Shome can bring the exact same thing. Good news is Taider can be brought down , thx to TAM/GAM.

At this point, I don't mind if we sign Torres at 4 million. I really don't. Sign Troy Deeney, I don't care. This team sucks badly.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Camacho would benefit from sitting and watching for a few more weeks. He just doesn't look ready at the moment . Too bad the depth is so thin, he kinda has to be out there til Fanni comes back .

And Fisher, lets not forget. Fanni - Fisher would be by far our best and most PHYSICAL CB partnership

Emanresu Wen

Apr 4, 2010
At this point all I want is a 11 v 11 game without key players injured/suspended

And Edwards instead of Krolicki for god’s sake

And Petrasso instead of Duvall

And maybe Diop

Reactions: QuebecPride

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Taider is shaping up to be the worst DP signing for the impact. He’s doing squat. And to say that we needed to do a lot of convincing for him to agree to come. He should have never been a DP.

I think Garde is going through a lot of what other european coaches struggle with, i.e understimating the MLS. Why did he insist on bringing a terrible defender like Camacho?

The team is simply not good enough. We have guys like Duval, Lovitz, Krolicki in our starting lineups, guys whos should be borderline MLS caliber. Camacho is clearly not good enough and I hope we won’t have to see him often in the lineup.

Also sick of Cabrera, overratand not starting caliber. Piette - we see now why he played in Spains’s 3rd tier. He can be an effective anchor, but not good enough with the ball for this league. Vargas if he doesn’t score you never see him in the game. And we still don’t have a striker.

Overall poorly constructed team. I’m really bummed, was very excited for this season.

As much as I would like to agree on Taider, it gotta go to Ontivero. I do think Taider is one of worst DP in MLS this season.

Lovitz has been very good this year, much better than last year. I've been impressed. He's in my Top 3 IMFC outfield player so far in 2018 after Piatti and Fanni. No clue what's going on with Duvall. We shall see. I'd like to see Krolicki as number 10 one game before jumping into a conclusion. He looks 100% technical, no physicality to play at CM.

I like Piette, however I'm wondering what's our record with him on the field? Not saying he's to blame but Idk it seems like we become restricted tactically since he can't do much. Garde will have to make big decisions and one of them will be to bench Piette. I put him in the same category as Bush. Good, reliable when called upon but not undeniable starters.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
As much as I would like to agree on Taider, it gotta go to Ontivero. I do think Taider is one of worst DP in MLS this season.

Lovitz has been very good this year, much better than last year. I've been impressed. He's in my Top 3 IMFC outfield player so far in 2018 after Piatti and Fanni. No clue what's going on with Duvall. We shall see. I'd like to see Krolicki as number 10 one game before jumping into a conclusion. He looks 100% technical, no physicality to play at CM.

I like Piette, however I'm wondering what's our record with him on the field? Not saying he's to blame but Idk it seems like we become restricted tactically since he can't do much. Garde will have to make big decisions and one of them will be to bench Piette. I put him in the same category as Bush. Good, reliable when called upon but not undeniable starters.
Hernan Bernardello

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Lucas Ontivero was a young-DP. He doesn’t count.

Bernardello as a DP was good for us, the MLS wasn’t as good as it is today.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Krolicki a 3rd rounder is a starter atm and imo the guy with the best vision on the team if played properly (CAM)...

:lol:

Oh yeah, I'd see Krolicki as a number 10... for the academy u14.
But they probably have a kid there already who can actually see obvious opportunities and pass the ball forward sometimes, you know, like a player with vision.

Last edited:

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Where does he fit exactly? Would Garde make Piette a bench player and risk having the casual fan turn on him? Even in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2 system, Taïder shold be the one next to Piette no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad