OT: IMFC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Eez just game.... why you heff to be mad?
I had a long day and I was really looking forward to getting home and watching a good game and then I see the team completely collapsed in the second half. Plus another red card which always sucks. That's okay, I'll pour myself a nice drink and watch a few fights later, I'll get over it, don't you worry ;)

Reactions: ArtPeur

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I had a long day and I was really looking forward to getting home and watching a good game and then I see the team completely collapsed in the second half. Plus another red card which always sucks. That's okay, I'll pour myself a nice drink and watch a few fights later, I'll get over it, don't you worry ;)

I simply stopped relying on Montreal teams to give me some happiness :laugh:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Watched the replay not too long ago.... Garde got severely OUTCOACHED by Bradley. Garde seems very stubborn, I don't get why he doesn't change the formation if it clearly doesn't work? I mean you call yourself a defensive team with a defensive mindset that keeps possession yet you allow 12-13? goals in the last 3 games. Go for a 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-1-4-1. Then, another silly thing of his that irks me is his undesire to be substitutes. You're allowed 3 subs per game, for free on top that, USE THEM. Especially if you are down one player, I think it's common sense. We lost the game against Columbus and Vancouver because of that. I hope he doesn't think Duverne's fitness training made his players immune to fatigue. Those are my only issues with him

Cabrera needs to sit and take yoga classes, Camacho needs to never see the field until at least the Canadian Championship, Raitala made his first mistake today and has been solid so far. Duvall isn't starting material anymore. Fisher can't come soon enough. From day one, I've said Taider is not a DP. Unpopular opinion but considering we've got 4 goalies, I would rotate the GK in very near future. Bush has been good, but he looked really really bad on Ciman's goal. It was well taken though by Ciman but still happy he is not here. LA is a better fit. At least my boy Vela scored.

Why is Vargas still starting? He hasn't impressed me at all. Invisible all season long, scored a few tap ins and a free kick, Nothing more. Before the game, I was saying hell no to the Torres , now I would welcomed him with open arms.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Garde says he's disappointed for the lack of determination at defending the lead in the second half, but the minute they lost Cabrera they started parking the bus. Is that not determination to defend? It's more like inability to defend.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Garde says he's disappointed for the lack of determination at defending the lead in the second half, but the minute they lost Cabrera they started parking the bus. Is that not determination to defend? It's more like inability to defend.

It's not always about attitude. Some tactical adjustments as well as fresh legs are needed earlier than the 80th f***ing minute.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Playing ropeadope for almost an entire half is hard. Using the bench better and tweaking the formation could have stopped the collapse. Garde has to take some of the blame on that one. The lack of discipline has to be on him to some degree as well. As a coach you have to crack down on that.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Tony is right, and even if I'm far from being in the Krolicki bandwagon, Vargas doesn't defend and is not a mid, while Krolicki's motor and fight for 45 min. would've been useful. That said, while the critic against the timing of subs is valid, 4 goals in one half is not normal, 12 in 3 games much less.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
That game had started off so well. Defense was sharp and Silva was creating a lot of things out there.

Ever since they brought the VAR, this league shifted from one of the toughest to one of the softest soccer leagues on earth. No way in hell was that a straight red on Cabrera. I despise how refs can just change a game at will.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Don't worry about this team losing, soon enough the Habs preseason will end and we will be able to cheer for a winning team again

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Watched the replay not too long ago.... Garde got severely OUTCOACHED by Bradley. Garde seems very stubborn, I don't get why he doesn't change the formation if it clearly doesn't work? I mean you call yourself a defensive team with a defensive mindset that keeps possession yet you allow 12-13? goals in the last 3 games. Go for a 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-1-4-1. Then, another silly thing of his that irks me is his undesire to be substitutes. You're allowed 3 subs per game, for free on top that, USE THEM. Especially if you are down one player, I think it's common sense. We lost the game against Columbus and Vancouver because of that. I hope he doesn't think Duverne's fitness training made his players immune to fatigue. Those are my only issues with him

Cabrera needs to sit and take yoga classes, Camacho needs to never see the field until at least the Canadian Championship, Raitala made his first mistake today and has been solid so far. Duvall isn't starting material anymore. Fisher can't come soon enough. From day one, I've said Taider is not a DP. Unpopular opinion but considering we've got 4 goalies, I would rotate the GK in very near future. Bush has been good, but he looked really really bad on Ciman's goal. It was well taken though by Ciman but still happy he is not here. LA is a better fit. At least my boy Vela scored.

Why is Vargas still starting? He hasn't impressed me at all. Invisible all season long, scored a few tap ins and a free kick, Nothing more. Before the game, I was saying hell no to the Torres , now I would welcomed him with open arms.

I agree with most of what you said, but Bush has been stellar and I really don't think you can blame him for the Ciman goal. It was a great shot. Bush made 14 saves yesterday, a couple of which were amazing. He deserves to be given the #1 spot at least as long as he keeps playing the way he has been so far this season.

And I like Raitala too but ut wasn't his first mistake at all. He's the one who made that great pass to Bradley Wright Phillips against NYRB...

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
That game had started off so well. Defense was sharp and Silva was creating a lot of things out there.

Ever since they brought the VAR, this league shifted from one of the toughest to one of the softest soccer leagues on earth. No way in hell was that a straight red on Cabrera. I despise how refs can just change a game at will.
A red essentially decides the outcome of a game, baring a miracle performance . You better be damn sure it's justified if you're handing one. Although to be fair, we had a confortable lead at the time and should have been able to hold on .

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Atrocious defense really. Duval Camacho and Lovitz suck ass.

Piette not good enough either.

Taider as a DP a big disappointment.

Garde needs to stop listening to his players and drop that BS formation. Since day 1 he’s not happy with the depth of this team, but not an excuse not to use your bench.

Taider played yesterday like he was in vacation you gotta commit on the field to leave it all, ok pace yourself but dont pace yourself for the whole game...

this team i think more and more our city is cursed for sports right now. I blame MB. ^_^

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I agree with most of what you said, but Bush has been stellar and I really don't think you can blame him for the Ciman goal. It was a great shot. Bush made 14 saves yesterday, a couple of which were amazing. He deserves to be given the #1 spot at least as long as he keeps playing the way he has been so far this season.

And I like Raitala too but ut wasn't his first mistake at all. He's the one who made that great pass to Bradley Wright Phillips against NYRB...

I'll take your word for it as I missed most of the game last week... Point being said Raitala has shown we can rely on him. And that long pass to Piatti' for his 3rd of the afternoon was great too,

Ciman took a hell of a good shot, yes but I still think Bush could've done better. Same with their 4th goal. That's the thing when I say let's rotate our GKs a bit, it isn't to discredit or punish Bush. He has been very good this year, but still mistake prone. Just keep our backups match ready, let's not forget we have 4 GKs, we can't use one goalie for 100% of the games. Give them a few games so we can see what they have to offer. A game we have a good chance of winning, e.g. in 2 weeks vs New England, I'd throw in Pantemis or Diop. Sometimes we have to make that kind of sacrifice. Some other times, it gives the team, a new vibe , a new identity. How do you think Zach Steffen got to play at a young age with Columbus? They let go of Steve Clark, a fan favorite and IMO a better goalie than Bush to make way for Steffen. Now I'm not saying to get rid of Bush, but he can't be an indispensable starter.

Probably another unpopular opinion but I like Silva better on the Right than in the middle. We just need a CM/DM. What is Maurice Edu up to these days?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

The shade... Zlatan played a full 90 minutes with not a single shot attempted, at home and some people thought he was gonna bring them back to their glory days lol. I don't know which team is worse LA Galaxy or Montreal Impact? Oh and let's not be surprised if Arsene Wenger ends up with the Galaxy.

Reactions: TRG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad