I'm tired of hering that the Q is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
I don't know why but it seems that a lot of people think that the Q not in the same class as OHL and WHL.

The Q as produce a lot of talent in the past years, and even if they were drafted late some players have succesfull carrer.

Some example of young player

Top nhl players: Lecavalier - Tanguay - Richards - Gagne - Daze - Brière - Nagy - Dumont

Rising star: Bergeron - King - Hemsky - Bouchard - Ribeiro - Lombardi

Good player: Daigle - Abid

Goaltender: Fleury - Denis - Theodore - Luongo - Giguère - Garon

All those are or will be for sur in the hall of fame so shut up with your comments like the Q is a less talent league.

And to conclude in the next years some very great hockey players will arrive in the nhl from the Q I will name you some of the name to remeber

Sydney Crosby - Steve Bernier - M-A Pouliot - Guillame Latendresse - Romy Elayoubi - Mathieu Carle - J-P Paquet - Luc Bourdon - Alexandre Picard - Alex Bourret - Kevin Maillhot

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Anfernic said:
I don't know why but it seems that a lot of people think that the Q not in the same class as OHL and WHL.

The Q as produce a lot of talent in the past years, and even if they were drafted late some players have succesfull carrer.

Top nhl players: Lecavalier - Tanguay - Richards - Gagne - Daze - Brière - Nagy - Dumont

All those are or will be for sur in the hall of fame so shut up with your comments like the Q is a less talent league.

And to conclude in the next years some very great hockey players will arrive in the nhl from the Q I will name you some of the name to remeber

Sydney Crosby - Steve Bernier - M-A Pouliot - Guillame Latendresse - Romy Elayoubi - Mathieu Carle - J-P Paquet - Luc Bourdon - Alexandre Picard - Alex Bourret - Kevin Maillhot

Im also sick of people putting the Q down and thinking that the OHL and WHL are better league's.. People should think before they post..

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Anfernic said:

Oh come on..you know kids only go to the Q to pad their stats for a better draft position.... ;)

Anyways...I don't really hear it that often. The only thing I have ever heard is that it is a more offensive league. The goaltending is first rate, and the defensmen are on a bit lower level than in the O or the W. I am sure it is a great league.

Dr_Chimera*

boohoo.jpg

Rick Middleton

May 14, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Dr_Chimera said:

Indeed. The one critique that does come up again and again about the Q is that there is little to no defensive play in it ... which is true, hence the players coming out of the Q usually have to learn that side of the game

Bud The Spud*

Habs4Life said:
Im also sick of people putting the Q down and thinking that the OHL and WHL are better league's.. People should think before they post..

With the list of such great players who were in the Q, I don't think they should putting it down. The Q has produced some awesome players.

BCCHL inactive

When you look at the list of Memorial Cup Championship teams over the last 30 years, you will see two QMJHL teams on that list. Granby in 1996 and Hull in 2000. Meanwhile, during the last 30 years, the WHL has 15 Memorial Cup banners and the OHL has 13.

When it comes to the hockey being played, the WHL and OHL are head and shoulders above the QMJHL.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Why are Q fans so insecure about the league? I mean, I'm a WHL fan but I don't have a problem if someone says that the goaltending produced in the WHL isn't as good as that in the Q.

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
Van said:
When you look at the list of Memorial Cup Championship teams over the last 30 years, you will see two QMJHL teams on that list. Granby in 1996 and Hull in 2000. Meanwhile, during the last 30 years, the WHL has 15 Memorial Cup banners and the OHL has 13.

When it comes to the hockey being played, the WHL and OHL are head and shoulders above the QMJHL.

The memorial cup is a team honor so I don't see the link with that thread.

In addition the memorial cup is win only by one team in Canada so I will ask you a question, how many times the team from Q finish second overall??

I don't know the answer but that was simply to remind you that compare league with the memorial cup isn't good.

Compare the all star game of 2 or 3 years (when each league plays against the others) if you wan't to have a better argument.

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
For the defensive aspect I'am agree but the goaltender are better than in the oter league so don't say that players like Simon Gamache, Pierre-Marc Bouchard or Sidney Crosby who had high scoring season have these numbers because they play in the Q (That for these kind of argument that I post these thread, like u can see I'm agree that the Q has some weakness but please respect our forward, and in the first post of that thread I identified some great players who played in the Q and the majority of them are forward.)

And right now in the Q they are three 87 born that should be pick in the first round of the 2005 draft. Just to show you that things are changing

Luc Bourdon - Mathieu Carle - Jean-Philippe Paquet

BCCHL inactive

Anfernic said:
The memorial cup is a team honor so I don't see the link with that thread.

In addition the memorial cup is win only by one team in Canada so I will ask you a question, how many times the team from Q finish second overall??

I don't know the answer but that was simply to remind you that compare league with the memorial cup isn't good.

Compare the all star game of 2 or 3 years (when each league plays against the others) if you wan't to have a better argument.

All-Star games are meant for show...even in junior hockey. That is why there are no more CHL All-Star games....just an annual prospects game, and now the Canada-Russia pre-U20 series.

The Memorial Cup championships does show the quality of each league. And the QMJHL having only 2 championships in the last 30 years speaks volumes about the better quality hockey that the WHL and OHL plays.

And 2nd place does not matter. You play to win, not for 2nd place.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
Of the three Canadian Junior leagues, there is obviously going to be a best and a worst. I'm not sure what the best is, but if the Q happens to be the worst, oh well... thats the way the cookies crumble.

duket12

Nov 3, 2003
Sherbrooke
Visit site
Psycho Joe said:
No doubt the Q has produced alot of good players, but just not nearly as many as the WHL and the OHL. The number of quality NHL d-men who played in the Q in the last 20 years is embarrassingly low.

maybe it is but we had the best of'em all: BOURQUE....

rick25

Aug 3, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Things have changed a lot in the Q in the last 10 years. The Q have made the final of the memorial cup 7 time and won it 3 times: Granby 96, Hull 97 and Rimouski 2000.

GoRyanMalone

Psycho Joe said:
He didn't play in the Q in the last 20 years. Up until 1980 or so, the Q did produce a good number of NHL defensemen.

Jesus, what the hell, guys. Do the kids in Quebec eat something different when young to make them suck??? No. It's a different style of hockey that has evoled from a rich and storied hockey background. Unfortunately, a la New Jersey Devils, one that can not survive in today's hockey world. I believe in the end, the Q will once again rise above the other two leagues.

Besides, the best way to judge the quality of the leagues is the amount of 2nd and 3rd tier players that make the big dance; and perhaps the number of big busts.

#37-#93-#27*

Anfernic said:

Very generous classifications for some of those players.

Dr_Chimera*

Doomsday Device said:
When exactly were they above the WHL and OHL to begin with?

LOL I give 'em points for trying.

As the old adage goes - if you don't have an argument, keep arguing until the other side gets tired of it.

#37-#93-#27 said:
Very generous classifications for some of those players.

Not only that, but this guy doesn't think that the WHL and OHL couldn't come up with lists that would blow the doors off the Q's? Every year, it is either the WHL or OHL (usually WHL) that has the most players drafted. As for Memorial Cups, it has already been brought up that the Q is far, far behind the other two in wins in the last 30 years or so. It seems the only time they do win is when one of the Bissonette brothers had his other brothers give him a hand in stacking his team for a big run, which is just weak sauce.

QMJHL fans have such an inferiority complex it's not even funny.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
Rick Middleton said:
Indeed. The one critique that does come up again and again about the Q is that there is little to no defensive play in it ... which is true, hence the players coming out of the Q usually have to learn that side of the game

Yep, thats a factor. But I guarantee that if the NHL was played like a Q game it would not be in the 2-1 lets trap to win state they're in right now and there would be a lot more seats sold in rinks and higher ratings on tv.

I dont really care if the "experts" think the OHL or WHL is better. For pure entertainment purposes, give me the Q any day.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
Epsilon said:
Why are Q fans so insecure about the league? I mean, I'm a WHL fan but I don't have a problem if someone says that the goaltending produced in the WHL isn't as good as that in the Q.

Its just whats going to happen when there are 3 league on an even playing field and 1 gets called the "worst" of the 3. Personally, I dont really care.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
Van said:

You can look at it that way. But you can also look at it that the Memorial Cup format favors big teams. Q teams are almost always the smallest teams in the tournament. Also Rimouski won the 2000 Mem Cup, not Hull. Hull made the final game last year. Victo made the final game the year before(lost their 3rd game in 3 days in the final) and Val d'Or lost in OT the year before that. So in the last 8 years, 3 cups, 3 finalists. Not too bad for the 3rd best :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->