im so damn slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

Aug 22, 2005
Calgary
On top of the skating techniques, work on your leg strength and speed. The people who mentioned that you should ride a stationary bike are correct. Every 3 days I'll do sqauts and calf raises (without weights) for half an hour. The squats are also good for your cardio. I don't like riding the bike so I don't do it as much as I should, but when I do, I notice a difference on the ice.

I should also mention that when I started doing the squats and calf raises I also noticed a huge difference. It gave me more power in my stride and also helped with my balance.

KariyaIsGod*

Corran Horn said:
On top of the skating techniques, work on your leg strength and speed. The people who mentioned that you should ride a stationary bike are correct. Every 3 days I'll do sqauts and calf raises (without weights) for half an hour. The squats are also good for your cardio. I don't like riding the bike so I don't do it as much as I should, but when I do, I notice a difference on the ice.

I should also mention that when I started doing the squats and calf raises I also noticed a huge difference. It gave me more power in my stride and also helped with my balance.

You do them without any weights and it still helps?

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
Jussi said:
Don't worry about slowness, you can allways play defense for the Leafs.

Lol, your hilarious.

I was expecting a Allison joke, but you've exceded expectations.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
DrMoses said:
You do them without any weights and it still helps?
yea, thats exactly what i used to do when i played "competetive" hockey. Squats without weights can be VERY tiring. I would also suggest to do "rocket jumps" or "frog leaps", where you bend down and grab the ground, then spring up and lift your legs with your body. If you can do 20 of those in a row, you'll be my hero (but you wont be able to walk up stairs the next day)

Also, before games (like a couple of hours before) try to get on a stairstepper and just warm up your legs by going at a high speed at a low resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad