I'm not out of line here, am I?

Ken Wreggets revenge

Sep 28, 2017
I usually just play yahoo public leagues but decided to create a league this year and I'm starting to regret it. I believe I have one guy who owns multiple teams.

Just before the season started, I vetoed a trade that was Brad Marchand for Nino Niederreiter and yesterday I vetoed a trade that was Brad Marchand and P.K. Subban for James Van Riemsdyk and Matt Dumba. These two trades struck me as being attempts to funnel the best players to one team.

The guy has since left a nasty message on the league message board saying "This league f ing sucks ........ the commish is a piece of crap, if the trades isn’t to his liking —— he vetoes WTF !!!"

I have half a mind to lock the teams if it happens again. Would I be justified in doing so? Am I wrong here?

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004
Were both trades between the same two teams? Did they join together? If so, that smells of collusion and I'd consider removing the two managers, but locking teams removes the entire basis of playing.

Basically if there's collusion, you should act. If one GMs just an idiot, you shouldn't punish the other GMs for trying to take advantage of that.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I usually just play yahoo public leagues but decided to create a league this year and I'm starting to regret it. I believe I have one guy who owns multiple teams.

Just before the season started, I vetoed a trade that was Brad Marchand for Nino Niederreiter and yesterday I vetoed a trade that was Brad Marchand and P.K. Subban for James Van Riemsdyk and Matt Dumba. These two trades struck me as being attempts to funnel the best players to one team.

The guy has since left a nasty message on the league message board saying "This league f ing sucks ........ the commish is a piece of crap, if the trades isn’t to his liking —— he vetoes WTF !!!"

I have half a mind to lock the teams if it happens again. Would I be justified in doing so? Am I wrong here?
Those trades are incredibly stupid, obvious collusion and should be vetoed. I can't think of a category combination that makes them rational.

Feel free to link this thread on the message board so the person trying to orchestrate this cheat can read as we all call those trades stupid.

I suggest vacating the owner of the Marchand team and taking it over yourself. Don't trade with yourself mind you, but run it until you can find a suitable owner

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
First trade might have been ok. Second one is Pejorative Slured tho.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
First trade might have been ok. Second one is ******ed tho.
how is the first trade even remotely close to ok?

Marchand is a 39 goal 85 point forward who loads up on PIM's, PPP, SOG , SHP and a strong +/- consistently.

Nino Niedereiter hit his ceiling last year, which is 25 goals, 57 points and lower in every other peripheral category.

That's like saying it is ok to trade McDavid for Nate Mackinnon

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Both trades are terrible. If both trades were between the same two teams, I would just straight up ask the guy if he is managing both teams. Unless there's clear proof that they are two distinct people, but even then they could just be purposely working together to stack one team.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
how is the first trade even remotely close to ok?

Marchand is a 39 goal 85 point forward who loads up on PIM's, PPP, SOG , SHP and a strong +/- consistently.

Nino Niedereiter hit his ceiling last year, which is 25 goals, 57 points and lower in every other peripheral category.

That's like saying it is ok to trade McDavid for Nate Mackinnon

How do you figure Nino has hit his ceiling ?

I mean I could see someone being interested in the younger guy if you think it's time to sell on a vet who probably had a career year like Marchand. Obviously its still a bad trade.

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah, these trades are ridiculous.

I'd personally recommend joining a long-term keeper league with proper forums etc.

PM me if you'd like to join a second year league that has been really successful, I believe we have an opening with one of the better teams.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I think it's pretty clear there's collusion going on

I'd lock up both teams immediately and not give it another thought

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I'd say the reaction of the guy making the trades says a lot, too. He could ask whats up, or try to explain the rationale from both sides. But an attack sounds like he's trying to bully his way into getting what he wants.

Wouldn't want to be in a fantasy league with that kind of person anyway. I play fantasy for fun, not to listen to someones petty, profanity-filled rage.

Boot the managers, especially the angry one.

Reactions: td_ice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad