Rumor: Ilya Kovalchuk signing with NYR

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
many devils fans have been acting like a jilted gf since he left.

he actually helped us when you really look at how the whole thing went down.

dont like the rags just like i dont like the flyers. but this would be a really solid move for the rags. i asked if the devs would want him back a few months ago and not one person said yes. so let him go to the rangers. beat them and it doesnt matter. perfect fit for the rags and kovy.

that last game against the rangers was so meh..... i may be in the minority but i want the rangers to be decent. feels that much better when we win.

gonna create a crazy narrative if this is true. #ignitetherivalry

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Rangers just never learn. What happened to the rebuild? This is why they haven't won **** in 25 years.

And the Oilers are rebuilding the rebuild of their rebuild because they didn't make moves like this.

It's why they're a lottery team still 10 years later.

It's a relatively minor move I can't believe how up in arms you all are in this thread. And then you'll exit this thread and go post in the " How come the Oilers are still this bad with McDavid?" thread and completely contradict yourselves.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
And the Oilers are rebuilding the rebuild of their rebuild because they didn't make moves like this.

It's why they're a lottery team still 10 years later.

And the Rangers BUY ALL THE PLAYERS strategy is on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Both strategies have amounted to 0 Cups in 24 years.

Good luck with Kovalchuk leading you to the promised land lmfao

Reactions: Breaking Dadonov

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
And the Rangers BUY ALL THE PLAYERS strategy is on the opposite end of the spectrum.

I don't think Kovalchuk is leading us anywhere. If you read my posts in this thread you would see my expectations for his greatest contribution to the Rangers is helping get Rykov over from Russia and then he will be flipped for assets at the 2020 deadline to Tampa for their Cup run.

You need to insulate your young players instead of throwing them to the wolves and destroying them before they even had a chance. I don't want that for Lias, Chytil, Buch, etc.

Other than that it's a pretty minor move and I don't see it effecting our rebuild in a negative manner at all.

Reactions: Rangers743

Moon Knight

Aug 15, 2012

What year are you living in? 2008? Rangers haven't done this BUY ALL THE PLAYERS strategy in years. In fact, they've had mostly homegrown players for at least the last 5 or 6 years. Wake up.

Breaking Dadonov

Jan 25, 2018
Trade him to the Panthers at the deadline. It's the least the Rangers could do for lying down in that last game against the Flyers.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Not every team has the luxury of having a top 2 draft pick lead them to a cup. Those other teams need to try other stuff.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Don't be such a sensitive wimp.

Internet-tough-guy-troll.jpeg

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
3 really young guys who were in the worst defensive system in hockey and 3 who all played better away from it? I think theres enough talent there to make major strides away from AV. AV was trash. NYR won in spite of him. The ottawa series prooved what a buffoon he is.
The terribleness of AVs d system cannot he overstated. Just absolute garbage.

Having said that, they’re right that the d lineup is going to need to be better than that before they can really compete

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

Have you been in a coma for 10-15 years? Rangers haven’t been trying to buy all the players for a long, long time.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

You think the Rangers still buy players and you think that Rangers fans think Kovalchuk is leading them to the promised land?

Out to lunch doesn't even do justice as to how lost you actually are.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Rangers just never learn. What happened to the rebuild? This is why they haven't won **** in 25 years.

Yeah. Sorry we don't have the refs give two games to us in the finals then have the NHL send an apology letter to the team after it was over saying we blew it. Or we don't tank seasons consistently like the Penguins or BlackHawks to get top 3 picks. They did a minor rebuild this year and morons from other fan bases accused them of tanking. We also didn't have the NHL fix a lottery for Crosby because our owner was dumb and couldn't run the team and our fan base bails on the team every time they struggle and there are crickets in the stands.

As far as the rebuild. Get a clue you imbecile. They have 3 first round picks. 2 second rounders and 2 third rounders. Yeah, they aren't rebuilding. The IQ of the posters on this board drops more every year.

Breaking Dadonov

Jan 25, 2018
Maybe win your own games outright instead of putting some blame on the Rangers for your team missing the playoffs.
Yeah not like they beat Nashville, Boston twice and finished the season with a five game win streak. Yeah you’re right they didn’t win any of their games, good point.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
If this guy is going to try and play in the NHL again I hope this is true so I don't have to endure fans of the team I love talk about getting him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad