Rumor: Ilya Kovalchuk coming to USA to meet with NHL teams (unknown if he still signing with NYR)

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Like I've said all along, he's signing in Dallas. Jamie Benn just followed him on Instagram as further evidence. ;)

Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Janmark - Spezza - Kovy
Ellie - Faksa - Nichushkin
Dickinson - Hanzal - Hintz

This would look amazing if Spezza wasn't done.

I wonder if Faksa would be good in a more offensive role and then Hanzal when he's healthy could play on a shutdown #3 line demoting Spezza to the 4th line.

Also spread it around a bit.

Janmark - Seguin - Radulov

Benn - Faksa - Kovalchuk (all like 6'3" and average weight 217 lbs :laugh:)

Elie - Hanzal - Nichushkin

Smith - Spezza - Pitlick

I honestly like that.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
This would look amazing if Spezza wasn't done.

I wonder if Faksa would be good in a more offensive role and then Hanzal when he's healthy could play on a shutdown #3 line demoting Spezza to the 4th line.

Also spread it around a bit.

Benn - Faksa - Kovalchuk (all like 6'3" and average weight 217 lbs :laugh:)

Elie - Hanzal - Nichushkin

Smith - Spezza - Pitlick

I honestly like that.

Benn is also quite good at centre if Spezza is truly done (though I’m not convinced he is).

Kovy - Benn - Nichushkin

Hintz - Faksa - Pitlick

Dickinson - Hanzal - Shore

Reactions: Kcb12345

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Calgary needs to throw the kitchen sink at him and hope either he or Gaudreau can play right wing.

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
It is funny that some Devils fans are bringing out the "all about the money" argument when I said the same thing when he signed with NJ over LA in the first place but was given numerous reasons why that wasn't the case when, obviously, it was.

Not knocking Kovalchuk for it either: the final NJ offer was for a lot more. Get paid while you can.
I dunno, Kings fans put up pictures of Lou in their arena bathroom stalls after Kovalchook picked them over your team, if I remember correctly.

Funny times.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I dunno, Kings fans put up pictures of Lou in their arena bathroom stalls after Kovalchook picked them over your team, if I remember correctly.

Funny times.

There is a group--or one dude--that used to put trading cards of the opposing team in the urinals for nearly every game.

Regardless, he chose a significantly larger amount of money on the initial deal with New Jersey than what Lombardi was offering. At that point in time, the refrain from the majority of Devils fans was that he didn't pick New Jersey because of the much larger deal but rather because, you know, Jersey.

I will admit it will be something else if he actually signs with the Kings 8 years later. Dodged a bullet the first time and are apparently tempting fate again.

Mancesco Franquilini

Vancouver Canucks GM
Jan 5, 2009
Los Angeles
There is a group--or one dude--that used to put trading cards of the opposing team in the urinals for nearly every game.

Regardless, he chose a significantly larger amount of money on the initial deal with New Jersey than what Lombardi was offering. At that point in time, the refrain from the majority of Devils fans was that he didn't pick New Jersey because of the much larger deal but rather because, you know, Jersey.

I will admit it will be something else if he actually signs with the Kings 8 years later. Dodged a bullet the first time and are apparently tempting fate again.
I was telling my friend about this

I was pissing all over my beloved canucks all night I was angry as hell hahaha

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
This is pretty funny, these two couldn't have a more different skillset

Sure they bring different dynamics but both will put up similar numbers at the end of the day... they just produce in different ways

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Man, Kovalchuk could sure instantly make a difference for Calgary

Gaudreau-Bennett-Ferland
Tkachuk-Jankowski-Kovalchuk
Mangiapane-Backlund-Monahan
Frolik-Shore-Versteeg

Hahaha you never fail to provide constant laughter in my house. Thanks for that.

And for those confused by this lineup OKG believes that Bennett and Jankowski are the two best centres on this team and Bennett is going to be an all star #1 C.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Hahaha you never fail to provide constant laughter in my house. Thanks for that.

And for those confused by this lineup OKG believes that Bennett and Jankowski are the two best centres on this team and Bennett is going to be an all star #1 C.

ELI5 why he shits on Monahan?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Monahan is a mediocre 3rd line RW at best. :sarcasm:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Monahan as 3rd line RW? What's that about?

Not being a troll, this is a surprise to me.
You're not being a troll, he is. It's his shtick. He's been trying to claim that Monahan should not be a center and that Bennett, Jankowski and Backlund are all better centermen than Monahan.

Reactions: 3074326

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Wow, it's almost like he's a skilled player who knows multiple teams are lining up for him.

I mean, the nerve of that guy, eh?

And yet you won't see better free agents touring the country like he does.

Has nothing to do with him being Russian, by the way, before someone jumps down my throat about that. All about his ego.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
He will be a Ranger:

ComingtoAmerica1988MoviePoster.jpg

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
And yet you won't see better free agents touring the country like he does.

Has nothing to do with him being Russian, by the way, before someone jumps down my throat about that. All about his ego.

Is it too soon?
You still sound a bit jilted

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad