Perreault - Little - Laine
Matthias - Lowry - Petan
Tanev - Copp - Armia

Morrissey - Byfuglien
Kulikov - Trouba
Enstrom - Myers

Hellebuyck

SOLI'S SHORTSIDE
  • Cam Talbot first off the ice, should get the start. Lines will be updated as more info comes out.
  • Happy Thanksgiving Canadians! Thankful to have my friends and family (including my HFOil fam!) in my life, our collective health, and that the Oilers are better now and I didn't have to title this GDT "Tankful".
  • 4 day break after this game, so enjoy your fix of Oilers hockey.

Last edited:

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
I'm thankful to have Slepyshev back in the lineup.

Some game day tunes:

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
So far, every time Connor has a bad game he comes back fired up and plays great. Expecting big things from that first line tonight.

Also testtube will score on the PP

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I like that Slepy has drawn in and Pacman also still in. I like a size lineup. To me if a player like Cagg isn't being able to produce he's not accomplishing much out there. He was credited with 8 hits in one game but none of them would be very impactful.

Dressing a lineup with forward size including McD, Drai, Maroon, Kassian Lucic, Pacman, Slepy, that is hard to control or contain. Now that I like. This is a reminder to Khaira as well that you have to be physical, always, to be in the lineup. Its your calling card.

Lets hope the focus and gap control is better than it was in the Nucks game. We got this. Right? ;)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think I'd like to see something like this:

Maroon-McDavid-Strome
Lucic-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Jokinen-RNH-Slepyshev
Pakarinen-Letestu-Kassian

Though I will say I have no idea what McLellan sees in Pakarinen. It seems anytime he's healthy he's a virtual lock for a lineup spot.

Caggiula healthy scratched is interesting to me. He didn't have a very good camp to my eye. You don't want to see the 'veteran coast' from 2nd year players.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yamamoto on the 4th line with Letestu and Pakarinen playing 8 minutes a night seems like a pretty sizeable waste. Just send the kid back to Spokane at this point. Another year in junior won't hurt him at all.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Pak has one of the hardest shots to handle on the team. His shots, when taken often result in rebounds. Along with a hitting aspect he usually brings he's a punishing player that has decent defensive awareness and plays it smart. Not a hilite reel player, but the guy can make a bottomsix contribution. Needs more than 6minutes though to accomplish much.

That said Pak has not played well this season yet imo.

But I like the idea of bringing a physical lineup against the Jets.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm about ready to see Pakarinen move on. I'm not sure how accurate that shot theory is but the fact is that he never uses it so it's not really a significant threat to the other team regardless. We've got a number of depth forwards now and our top six is still missing that second RW. I will be content when I see Pakman move on from this roster.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Yamamoto on the 4th line with Letestu and Pakarinen playing 8 minutes a night seems like a pretty sizeable waste. Just send the kid back to Spokane at this point. Another year in junior won't hurt him at all.
I'm sure the kid is thrilled anytime he's out there and putting him with two hard working players that have had to work hard to be at this level and that can bring some fight for the puck is not the worst combo. What if the line scores a goal today?

As good as Yama looked in preseason the checking and coverage and opposition is altogether different when the games matter. He's looked like the game is a lot harder now. Giving him every second game and games off to look at things seems about right. I don't think he's going to remain up with the club for too long. Why not give the kid some of which he's worked so hard to accomplish. Sends a great message that with enough perseverance you can earn a look even when you are clearly pencilled on the outside. That kind of move pays org dividends down the line.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Maroon-McDavid-Strome
Lucic-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Jokinen-RNH-Slepyshev

Though I will say I have no idea what McLellan sees in Pakarinen. It seems anytime he's healthy he's a virtual lock for a lineup spot.

Caggiula healthy scratched is interesting to me. He didn't have a very good camp to my eye. You don't want to see the 'veteran coast' from 2nd year players.

Agreed, I like those lines as well except I would sub out Pakarinen for Khaira (like you, I don't know what Mclellan sees in Pak although Khaira has been really underwhelming as well).

Yamamoto on the 4th line is a complete waste. Just send him down now please. Mclellan never gave him a chance sadly. At least give him a chance on the PP.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I'm about ready to see Pakarinen move on. I'm not sure how accurate that shot theory is but the fact is that he never uses it so it's not really a significant threat to the other team regardless. We've got a number of depth forwards now and our top six is still missing that second RW. I will be content when I see Pakman move on from this roster.
According to Talbot, who would know, Pak has not only one of the hardest shots on the Oilers but one of the hardest shots in the league. Pak hurt Talbot on one just this preseason. Again, so Talbot would know. Pak also unleashed a 103 mph shot in skills competition. The guy can wire it. Jets have weak goaltending. I'm prepared to see more.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
According to Talbot, who would know, Pak has not only one of the hardest shots on the Oilers but one of the hardest shots in the league. Pak hurt Talbot on one just this preseason. Again, so Talbot would know. Pak also unleashed a 103km/hr shot in skills competition. The guy can wire it. Jets have weak goaltending. I'm prepared to see more.

Maybe they should try Pakarinen at the point on the PP if he does indeed have a hard shot. Kind of a waste putting him on the 4th line and PK if thats the case

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I am again have a bad feeling a out tonight. Winnipeg got blown up 2 games in a row and are starting a different goalie tonight. I can't see that team losing 3 in a row.

4-2 Jets. McDavid with points in both goals and the difference is we give them far to many powerplay and ours don't convert.

I am optimistic for the season and think we will go far in playoffs btw.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton

Maroon-McDavid-Strome
Lucic-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Jokinen-RNH-Slepyshev

I like that lineup.

Not sure if I agree with you on Pakarinen. I don't think Khaira has proven much so far, he definitely hasn't closed the door on competition for the 4LW spot. That's why I'm ok with Pakarinen getting the start tonight.

Excited to see what Selpyshev can do.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I agree with shoop, I don't think Khaira's really been all that much better than Pakarinen. Khaira's really promising, but completely unproven and doesn't seem to be able to play his best consistently. You see a great game and then he disappears the next two. That spot is still up for grabs between him and Iiro the Hero.

Reactions: shoop

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Maroon-McDavid-Strome
Lucic-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Jokinen-RNH-Slepyshev

Also a virtual lock to never hear his name during the game, cause he is useless

NedPlimpton

Mar 23, 2013
Near Fantastica
Hooray, I'll get to watch this one! While eating turkey and all.

Hope for a beatdown! will settle for a game more like the season opener, though!

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I missed last game, whats with the hate on Pakarinen? He was great in pre-season.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I think the lines are deserving.
Gotta give Yamamoto some minutes while he's up and Drake hasn't looked awesome.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Gryba gets an unlimited pass to be garbage because he can throw a hit now and again. Really annoying seeing him in the line up game after game especially right after a game where he got lit up and its so painfully obvious that he is going to continue to get lit up because hes the slowest defender in the league. Why even keep Yam up just to waste him on the 4th line. This has flashbacks of last year with Pulj.

Reactions: McIce Whole
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->