OT: IIHF World Championship

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Sorry, LVGA. Would probably have preferred for Switzerland to take it in OT than Sweden in a shootout again, but they didn’t really have the legs. Great effort, especially by Genoni, MVP of the tourny.
That Fora chance, followed by a Fiala chance in OT. I will see that in front of my eyes for a while. Anyway, second silver in 5 years after no medals for 60 years, can't complain. The guys played a great tournament. I just can't fathom any tournament to be decided by a shoot out. Idiotic.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Only Slovakia managed to force OT against Sweden, and gave up a quick goal, yet Switzerland lived through a full 20 minute period after having knocked out Finland and Canada, and on short rest. Nothing but respect. They will be back, and might not even have to wait 5 years for their next chance! Love that the gap is closing, can’t wait for GB to get a chance next year. Hope this great sport can grow worldwide.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Yes, there's a lot of pride in what the team did. I too think that Switzerland will be a more constant player for medals contention. Can't complain about that.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
They said tonight that Patrick Kane was named MVP. From the bronze medal team. :help:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
with bruins history of success with tim thomas... i would be very interested us being the one to grab genoni.

give him 1 year deal and promise him we will loan him to swiss if he cant play in nhl. let him battle mcintyre at camp for backup job

i think he would probably feel this is a good place to establish an nhl career.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
with bruins history of success with tim thomas... i would be very interested us being the one to grab genoni.

give him 1 year deal and promise him we will loan him to swiss if he cant play in nhl. let him battle mcintyre at camp for backup job

Fellow poster from Switzerland explained that he's having a family now, he's 30 years old and consequently not interested in NHL career...but you never know of course.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland

Corvi has lots of talent, very creative. I think he would be an interesting option for 3C or 4C.
Gregory Hoffman has a knack for scoring goals (22 goals in 45 games in the NLA, 14 goals in 18 playoffs games, 5 at the WC), is sort of a Debrusk-light, all guts & heart player too. But he's Hurricanes property.

These two ought to be in the NHL.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
The World Cup- which is the model for international sport. It's how they do it. I hate it. I hate the shootout in the NHL too.

I can only add that, honestly, it lowers the value of entire tournament. There are tons of games in the main group, then quarter and semi finals and that brings you all the way to the top, only to be decided by silly roulette. It's only once in a year, finish it the right way.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad