OT: IIHF World Championship

TeemuS

Feb 13, 2013
SUUUOOOOMMIIII !!!
great game, great tournamet, and that with 19 new players :D Although i kinda doubt that gold is avaible, butthurt russia is playing with big guns.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Russian coach got suspended from the final. Really the sun is shining for Finland right now.

This tournament is a perfect example what you need for winning hockey.

1. Great goalteding (Rinne has been phenomenally good)
2. Great coach (Wizard Westerlund)
3. Teamwork (really the Finnish player material isn't impressive, but they are doing the things right)

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Harder on the puck Gus, not good. You can try to sell the hold or whatever he was doing, but he didn't battle there like he normally does.

He was very up and down in the tournament. And it's so obvious that when he's tenacious and battles hard, he's successful. He's not yet doing it every game, paying the price as a smaller guy.

Russian coach got suspended from the final. Really the sun is shining for Finland right now.

This tournament is a perfect example what you need for winning hockey.

1. Great goalteding (Rinne has been phenomenally good)
2. Great coach (Wizard Westerlund)
3. Teamwork (really the Finnish player material isn't impressive, but they are doing the things right)

It's also a perfect example that you only have to win the right games at the World Champs. :laugh: Sweden and Finland are true experts at this, but maybe Finland even moreso than us.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He was very up and down in the tournament. And it's so obvious that when he's tenacious and battles hard, he's successful. He's not yet doing it every game, paying the price as a smaller guy.

It's also a perfect example that you only have to win the right games at the World Champs. :laugh: Sweden and Finland are true experts at this, but maybe Finland even moreso than us.

Not saying this to be "typical" NA but I don't want him to pay the price at the World Championships. I am surprised that he didn't given how I watched him do it night in and night out for the most part for several years now, but as a Wings fan I cannot say I am unhappy.

By the way Jarnkrok crying crowd, Nyquist didn't have a good tournament in part because Calle was pretty bad and had zero chemistry with Nyquist. The last part being pretty interesting because in all honesty I didn't expect that, turns out maybe Calle's slow start wasn't just adjustments, he doesn't play very well with one of our brighter pieces for the future.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Other than the Russia game I think he's been good/great. I think the players around him have been pretty bad at feeding him the puck when he's picked up speed through the neutral zone, both the d-men and Klasen have had a tendency to hog the puck way too much. I also think that line really needed a stronger center than Jarnkrok, in the offensive zone they were 3 small guys, skilled, but small.

By the way Jarnkrok crying crowd, Nyquist didn't have a good tournament in part because Calle was pretty bad and had zero chemistry with Nyquist. The last part being pretty interesting because in all honesty I didn't expect that, turns out maybe Calle's slow start wasn't just adjustments, he doesn't play very well with one of our brighter pieces for the future.
Yeah Jarnkrok's offensive instincts have looked terrible in this tournament. 0 points despite both his wingers (Klasen and Nyquist) putting up good numbers says a lot. He received the puck in good scoring positions many times but took too long to shoot or just had weak/wide shots, and his supposed playmaking ability haven't been anywhere to be seen. He was taken off a struggling PP unit early on and after that the unit was great.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Not saying this to be "typical" NA but I don't want him to pay the price at the World Championships. I am surprised that he didn't given how I watched him do it night in and night out for the most part for several years now, but as a Wings fan I cannot say I am unhappy.

Yes of course I don't care when we play Italy and so on. But it was the same we saw in the playoffs really, not able to get to the inside much. Not to be confused with work ethic, just that little extra to engage physically and roll off his defender to create a scoring chance.

His tournament was fine, just nothing exceptional. The standards are set pretty high for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->