OT: IIHF World Championship 2015 (Red Wings players @ tournament)

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
Article says also Kronwall and Ericsson said no, because of injuries.

What is that? Ericsson played all season 82+7 games, Kronwall 80+6. Got some rest and supension.

Ericsson had a broken toe I read somewhere. I remember he also missed some practices lately.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Larkin picks up an assist on an empty-net goal by Hendricks. The line of Larkin-Hendricks-Sexton was the best line on the ice tonight.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
It is nice to see Larkin getting some praise over on the main board for his play at the WC.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
No kidding, Rinne was also pretty bad.

Big mistake from coaching staff to use a goalie dealing with huge jetlag... not a first time this has happened with Rinne and in next games he closes the doors.

Should have used goalie playing at Europe.

ebis

Dec 10, 2012
Czech Republic
Tatar and Jurco will play on 2nd line today, centered by Viedensky (might be our best C this year, 24yo, Finnish Liiga)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
How come originally they didn't come out and say he was injured like they did for the other wing players during the locker clean out day? Seems strange.

It's quite funny how all those Swedes declined from World Championsips bcause of an "injury" and only Ericsson had a real injury (fractured toe) Ken holland made official.

They just don't want to play under Per MÃ¥rts...

CanadaIsIrrelevant

Mar 20, 2011
Sweden
It's quite funny how all those Swedes declined from World Championsips bcause of an "injury" and only Ericsson had a real injury (fractured toe) Ken holland made official.

I don't like Pär Mårts. He didn't give Patric Hörnqvist a call when Pittsburgh was eliminated from the playoffs. He wanted to wait for Tampa Bay and Red Wings series to be over.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

Let's be honest only Nyquist was on the table, and he's played a lot of hockey the last three years and didn't look like himself in the playoffs. He also cited a hip problem that could get worse by playing further.

Swedish NHLers unofficially retires from the World Champs when they turn ~27, you have to beg them to come and the average player will come one out of five after that. Exceptions like Loui Eriksson are rare and the coach doesn't matter. Loui and Enroth are the only NHLers on the team older than 24.

TeemuS

Feb 13, 2013
who cares, you have Filip....kid is good
and wow Canada demolish germany :D

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Watching Larkin today, excited to see how he does against big name players. So far he's had good positioning, been strong defensively, maybe one good scoring chance.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Watching the replay, but something jumped out from the box score I saw earlier.

Larkin led all US forwards in ice time in the third period playing over 6 minutes in the frame.

Has looked dynamite in the first period as I watch this. Such a smart player and so much pace.

Probie

Feb 19, 2009
Vancouver Is, Canada
Watching the replay, but something jumped out from the box score I saw earlier.

Larkin led all US forwards in ice time in the third period playing over 6 minutes in the frame.

Has looked dynamite in the first period as I watch this. Such a smart player and so much pace.

I know we shouldn't be jumping the gun on prospext expectations, but I really think there's an excellent chance we have a winner right here with larkin. This is one pick we didn't need a top 7-8 pick to get a very good player (knocking on wood * anti jinx). With the way he plays the game with desire and moxy, he hast he potential for future captain written on him.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
I know we shouldn't be jumping the gun on prospext expectations, but I really think there's an excellent chance we have a winner right here with larkin. This is one pick we didn't need a top 7-8 pick to get a very good player (knocking on wood * anti jinx). With the way he plays the game with desire and moxy, he hast he potential for future captain written on him.

Local kid who not only is a heart and soul player but also has real skills. That kid becomes Captain I think we could be looking at some history.

in terms of captain we have Z for what around 4-5 more years? So Larkins 3rd full year? We can assume he is already a capable 3rd-4th line tweener, based on his performance against high quality competition. assuming his offensive game continues to progress. Could he realistically jump into captain over one of the future A's? I would assume even if Kronwall was still there they wouldn't want to have him be a one year captain.

this is all assuming we don't collapse, but are around the same level maybe a little better with Mantha, AA, a different D core. and progression of Sheahan, Jurco, Nyquist, and Tatar.

none of which scream Captain to me. Sheahans play does but tinky winky always comes to mind.

Probie

Feb 19, 2009
Vancouver Is, Canada
Local kid who not only is a heart and soul player but also has real skills. That kid becomes Captain I think we could be looking at some history.

in terms of captain we have Z for what around 4-5 more years? So Larkins 3rd full year? We can assume he is already a capable 3rd-4th line tweener, based on his performance against high quality competition. assuming his offensive game continues to progress. Could he realistically jump into captain over one of the future A's? I would assume even if Kronwall was still there they wouldn't want to have him be a one year captain.

this is all assuming we don't collapse, but are around the same level maybe a little better with Mantha, AA, a different D core. and progression of Sheahan, Jurco, Nyquist, and Tatar.

none of which scream Captain to me. Sheahans play does but tinky winky always comes to mind.
Yeah it's interesting thinking down the road who will will be wearing letters out of our current prospects and current nhl newcomers(sheahan, tats, Gus). I could see sheahan wearing an A. What about bertuzzi, dekyser, nastasiak, Gus or even tats wearing an A, with Larkin with the C. This is of course assuming the old crew are gone like pav, z, and kronwall.

Another local story would be us drafting werensky this year if we moved up. I know that is unlikely but look who's he's playing for, best buddies with Larkin, and we need a high end dman in the system badly.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Yeah it's interesting thinking down the road who will will be wearing letters out of our current prospects and current nhl newcomers(sheahan, tats, Gus). I could see sheahan wearing an A. What about bertuzzi, dekyser, nastasiak, Gus or even tats wearing an A, with Larkin with the C. This is of course assuming the old crew are gone like pav, z, and kronwall.

Another local story would be us drafting werensky this year if we moved up. I know that is unlikely but look who's he's playing for, best buddies with Larkin, and we need a high end dman in the system badly.

That would be amazing and fix a lot of issues. but you have to wonder what we would have to give up. I would love a core of local players who aren't just role players. it would bond that group so much more. much like how it was when we were full of russians, then swedes, only difference would be they would be playing at home. you would think that could help contract wise as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->