OT: IIHF World Championship 2015 (Red Wings players @ tournament)

CanadaIsIrrelevant

Mar 20, 2011
Sweden
Who of the Wings players will make the trip to IIHF Worlds 2015?

Tournament is held in Prague and Ostrava, Czech Republic, May 1-17.

I doubt we'll see many of the Swedish Wings in this year tournament.
Like Kronwall, Zetterberg and Ericsson. Maybe Nyquist.

Playing in tournament:
Tatar - (Svk)
Jurco - (Svk)
Larkin - (USA)

Players that I think would go:
Mrazek - (Cze)
DeKeyser - (USA)
Howard - (USA)
Marchenko - (Rus) maybe AHL playoffs?
Glendening - (USA) does he qualify?

Doubtful/Questionable
Zidlicky - (Cze)
Kindl - (Cze)
Abdelkader - (USA) (questionable resting/injury)
Andersson - (Swe) Sweden got many players like him
Datsyuk - (Rus)

Not playing
Ericsson - (Swe)
Kronwall - (Swe)
Nyquist - (Swe)
Zetterberg - (Swe)

Last edited:

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
If our season ends on Wednesday 29th of April. Let's hope it doesn't.
But who of the Wings players will make the trip to IIHF Worlds 2015?

Tournament is held in Prague and Ostrava, Czech Republic, May 1-17.

I doubt we'll see many of the Swedish Wings in this year tournament.
Like Kronwall, Zetterberg and Ericsson. Maybe Nyquist.

Players that I think would go:
Tatar - (Svk)
Jurco - (Svk)
Mrazek - (Cze)
Nyquist - (Swe)
DeKeyser - (USA)
Abdelkader - (USA)
Howard - (USA)
Marchenko - (Rus) maybe AHL playoffs?
Glendening - (USA) does he qualify?

Doubtful/Questionable
Zidlicky - (Cze)
Kindl - (Cze)
Zetterberg - (Swe)
Kronwall - (Swe)
Ericsson - (Swe)
Andersson - (Swe) Sweden got many players like him
Datsyuk - (Rus)

Kindl would play for sure. He's actually a decent d-man. LOL at Zidlicky. That guy sucks.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
If GR is still in it I doubt Jurco, Mrazek, and Marchenko will have a choice, IIRC they are all eligible for the AHL playoffs and the Wings will want them playing in them if GR isn't eliminated by then.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Apparently Larkin played well today against Austria in a tune-up game.

Lines were:

Matteau - Hendricks - Lewis
Smith - Arcobello - Morin
Vesey - Eichel - Moses
Matthews - Larkin - Sexton

Krug - Faulk
Reilly - Murphy
Moore - Redmond
Gardiner

Hellebuyck
Lyon

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=101794759&postcount=416

1-0 already for Team USA. Reilly with a blast from the point, great screen by Larkin.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=101801057&postcount=434

There's that good shot of Morin's. Nice feed from Larkin too.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Pretty sure Adbelkader has an existing carry over suspension too. I doubt he goes with the hand and the fact I am pretty sure he is out for a couple games even if he commits.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Pretty sure Adbelkader has an existing carry over suspension too. I doubt he goes with the hand and the fact I am pretty sure he is out for a couple games even if he commits.

He could go just for that and then be a scratch after the suspension is over. Given that he will more than likely be on the next Olympic team :cry:. Easy way to take care of its entirety now.

CanadaIsIrrelevant

Mar 20, 2011
Sweden
Zetterberg says he has decided, but will announce his decision first to Head Coach Pär Mårts and Assistant Coach Peter Popovic.

Article in Swedish @ SVT Sport

Swedish Aftonbladet

Aftonbladet

â€Sätter inte chansernaâ€

Han fortsätter:

– Vi har goda möjligheter att vinna det här, särskilt med tanke på hur bra Mrazek spelade i kassen. Men vi sätter inte chanserna. Det gör Tampa vid två tillfällen i den här matchen och det är skillnaden.

Och därvidlag är â€Zätaâ€, som inte lyckades sätta en puck under hela serien mot Tampa, mycket självkritisk.

Jag måste producera mer. Med den speltid jag har ska jag göra mål. Men det har helt enkelt inte velat sig för mig, jag har inte varit tillräckligt bra i avslutningarna.

Rough translate
"Does not bury the chances

He continues:

- We have a good chance to win this, especially considering how good Mrazek played in goal. But we do not score on our chances. Tampa scores on two occasions in this game and that's the difference.

"Zäta", which failed to score a goal during the entire series against Tampa, is very self-critical."

I have to produce more. With the ice time I get I should score goals. But it simply has not gone in for me, I have not been good enough finishing.

Same goes for Kronwall. He knows what to do but waits for the call from Pär Mårts.

Gus Nyquist is undecided.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Datsyuk is most probably going if he's okay. Marchenko to the AHL I guess.

redwings85

In Ozzie I trust.
Nov 11, 2008
America's Hat.
Cant see Howard going with his performance down the stretch.

I still think Howard isn't 100%. He came back way too early and that affected him. He needs his rest for next year.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Last thing Zetterberg needs is to play more hockey this year, same with Datsyuk. Just take the damn summer to rest.....please.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Last thing Zetterberg needs is to play more hockey this year, same with Datsyuk. Just take the damn summer to rest.....please.

The Wings fail to give Datsyuk ONE proper winger for years now. For that I'd rather see Dats play on a proper team with proper linemates for once.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
The Wings fail to give Datsyuk ONE proper winger for years now. For that I'd rather see Dats play on a proper team with proper linemates for once.

And Wings fans would rather see him rest and heal, so that he is 100% for the team that pays his salary.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
And Wings fans would rather see him rest and heal, so that he is 100% for the team that pays his salary.

Does the country which taught him hockey have a say in it? You're so money-centric with this.

It's up to Pavel to decide anyway.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Does the country which taught him hockey have a say in it? You're so money-centric with this.

It's up to Pavel to decide anyway.

No, I'm being a realist. You're being country-centric with this.

Does Russia pay his sizable salary to play for the Detroit Red Wings? The last time I checked they don't, unless the Kremlin purchased the Red Wings from the Ilitch family yesterday and I missed it.

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
He needs a 30 goal scorer to score 50 on his wing, not a 20 goal scorer to score 30.

Datsyuk isn't an elite playmaker that'll be a 20 goal difference in a winger. Tatar is legit. Datsyuk is an unbelievable player and him playing with a real winger (Tats) shows with the difference in his point production this year to last.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Does anybody know if mrazek and jurco are going to GR? Somebody close to the team has said he doubts it. Why would this be?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad