GDT: IIHF WHC: Time to close thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Can't believe Edmonton struggled (from what I've heard) this season in Edmonton. He is so incredibly good defensively and a very cerebral player when it comes to positioning and decision-making.

He didn't struggle this year. He was mostly rock solid as usual.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Gotta remember also, he was paired with the train wreck Klefbom to start the season, which didnt help his game.

My god Klefbom was a disaster this year.

Nurse had his own struggles in the back half, no coincidence that Lars didn’t look as good as he did with peak Klefbom.

Larsson is a beast. Such a good player.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
While I preach patience, OEL is one of those players that I would pay a big price for. He and Larsson would be one of the best and most balanced pairings in the league.
Agreed. Wouldn't have to wonder about chemistry because we know it exists and what it can do.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Larsson is a beast but he needs a competent partner to really shine. Which is why he looked so great with OEL too.

Yea, Larsson can get the puck back but OEL is the one who's able to actually move it in the right direction. Oilers still don't have any D like that.

Reactions: MisterD

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
Unexpected, but so true imho.

Larsson does not have anywhere near the same name recognition as OEL and Klingberg. Hd has been a beast though, awesome defensively and interesting offensively, a bit unlucky imo.

Now USA, that will be the toughest challange so far by a bit.

Guess not...

Reactions: LaGu

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yea, Larsson can get the puck back but OEL is the one who's able to actually move it in the right direction. Oilers still don't have any D like that.
Klefbom did that one year. OEL is a guy who can do it reliably and is solid defensively. Imho, if we were able to grab OEL and play him with Larsson full time, I think Larsson's offensive game would emerge.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Klefbom did that one year. OEL is a guy who can do it reliably and is solid defensively. Imho, if we were able to grab OEL and play him with Larsson full time, I think Larsson's offensive game would emerge.

Yup, McDavid, Drai, OEL and Larsson would be a core that is strong enough to make the playoffs when the depth around them is struggling, and strong enough to win the cup when the depth around them is contributing.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Swiss reminding me of Vegas. Never stop skating. Always on top of anyone with the puck as quickly as they possibly can be. Can equal most teams with maximum effort and a solid game plan.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Aw damn it. Getting more saves tonight, but evening out with a bad play like that.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Damn...Nurse is in a lot of GA highlights in this tournament.

He's been pretty bad. You'd think with his mobility and open ice, he'd excel but turns out its even worse. Issue is still between the eyes

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Kuemper is shit. He's like Talbot+Dubnyk on their worst nights. He always looks like he's spun out of position

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Kuemper is ****. He's like Talbot+Dubnyk on their worst nights. He always looks like he's spun out of position

Yah, we're toast if we get to the gold medal game anyway with this swiss cheese goaltending.

Reactions: frag2

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Canada's built like the Oilers. Every time the D tries to make a pass they f*** it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad