GDT: IIHF WHC: Time to close thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Swiss up 3-1 vs. Finland? Latvia tied with Sweden? Did I just shift a universe?
Yup.
Well, Latvia is doing Latvia. Perfecting D against skilled/better teams.
Finland won agsinst Canada and USA, easily. They lost against Germany and Denmark ....

I told you the Finns would have been much better off vs a team like Czech Rep, Swe or Russia. They seem to tune out when the opposition is too weak. Especially after the first games when they destroyed weak teams.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I suspect this will be a game where Larsson is invisible. Against Latvia's D Swe need all offense they can get.

Latvia has really perfected killing a game with D. They are good at it, but it is really boring.

Edit: 4 - 3 after one period ... in shots on goal :laugh:

Larsson 25:11 (highest on team)

Tough game, mostly because Nilsson let in soft goals, but still, Latvia knows how to meds with better teams.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
McDavid's 4 points behind the record for points by a Canadian at this tournament. Potentially 2 games left.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Unexpected, but so true imho.

Larsson does not have anywhere near the same name recognition as OEL and Klingberg. Hd has been a beast though, awesome defensively and interesting offensively, a bit unlucky imo.

Now USA, that will be the toughest challange so far by a bit.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Johnny doing the slashing now.
That penalty probably officially crapped their chances.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
US was looking fine but Johnny really picked the worst time to make the hole deeper.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
The Swedish fans (readers of two major swedish hockey sites) has voted Adam Larsson as the best player of the tournament for Team Sweden.

Article: Adam Larsson wins the price as best player (article in Swedish)

One of the most under-rated and underappreciated players in the world just because of who he was traded for. Larsson is a beast and one of the best shut-down dmen in the league. So happy to have him on this team.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Larsson named one of the top 3 Swedish players of the tourney.

Last edited:

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I liked the "Johnny Hockey? More like Johnny Baseball" moniker.

What a completely stupid, selfish penalty to take. And it was pivotal in sinking his team's chances.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
One of the most under-rated and underappreciated players in the world just because of who he was traded for. Larsson is a beast and one of the best shut-down dmen in the league. So happy to have him on this team.

One of my favorite players on the team. Im a dman, so I love how he plays the game. Just so tough. Will punish you every chance he gets.

Had a downer season this year, but there are reasons why. I expect him to have another strong season next year.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Can't believe Larsson struggled (from what I've heard) this season in Edmonton. He is so incredibly good defensively and a very cerebral player when it comes to positioning and decision-making.

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Can't believe Edmonton struggled (from what I've heard) this season in Edmonton. He is so incredibly good defensively and a very cerebral player when it comes to positioning and decision-making.

Game's slower on big ice, benefits a positional player.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Gotta remember also, he was paired with the train wreck Klefbom to start the season, which didnt help his game.

My god Klefbom was a disaster this year.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Can't believe Edmonton struggled (from what I've heard) this season in Edmonton. He is so incredibly good defensively and a very cerebral player when it comes to positioning and decision-making.

Poor coaching doesn't help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->