GDT: IIHF WHC: Time to close thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
lol, this really is like watching the 17/18 Oilers. The infinite hill to climb where every decent chance against will end up in your net.

We as fans are cursed this year.

Reactions: LaGu

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Horrible tending by Keumper , I can also see players are hitting the top of the net a lot more frequently , I can see goalies moving back to a hybrd Brodeur style in the near future , also reason why scoring is up players are mastering those openings now when goalies drop in butterfly

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Keumper tosses the rebound back to the Russian player with 6 seconds left just to see if he can lose it for us before OT. So close.

Reactions: BlackDogg

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Love that McDavid kid.

tenor.gif

Reactions: LaGu

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Wasn't Talbot invited to the tourney? Is he hurt or just continuing his poor play from the regular season?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm not sure if it's the case or not, but we've heard in the past that certain guys won't accept right from the start unless they are guaranteed not to lose their spot to someone who might end up eliminated from the playoffs.

Wonder if that happened to Canada this year and took a few names out of the running

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I'm not sure if it's the case or not, but we've heard in the past that certain guys won't accept right from the start unless they are guaranteed not to lose their spot to someone who might end up eliminated from the playoffs.

Wonder if that happened to Canada this year and took a few names out of the running
This is exactly how it works for team Sweden. That was why we played with 10 fwds and 6 D to start the tournament. Waiting for players to become available.

If you are an NHL player and get called you are always guaranteed a spot. It's not the same for SHL/KHL players. That is why Omark nowadays always turns down the WHC. He wants a guaranteed spot.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I suspect this will be a game where Larsson is invisible. Against Latvia's D Swe need all offense they can get.

Latvia has really perfected killing a game with D. They are good at it, but it is really boring.

Edit: 4 - 3 after one period ... in shots on goal :laugh:

Reactions: Aerrol

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
I just started to watch Finland-Switzerland, so I can't read this thread to make sure I don't see the current result.

I've mentioned Saku Mäenalanen here, but according to Iltalehti he'll be going to Carolina. That's a pretty natural direction as Sebastian Aho (his former teammate in Kärpät) and Teuvo Teräväinen (the one Mäenalanen got great chemistry with at the WJC) play there.

Miika Koivisto is an interesting Finnish defender. He's okay (average) defensively, but excellent offensively. He's done well in the Finnish national team, and he's been terrific during the last two FEL seasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerrol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->