Prospect Info: IIHF U18 Tournament

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Liked Boqvist that period for sure, dont see him a tonne in defensive situations which concerns me a little bit but thats the first period I've seen of him so take it with a grain of salt. Liked Veleno, I dont think Detroit has s hot at him though unfortunately. Merkley was exactly what you would expect, did some really good things, did some things that make you wonder what the heck hes doing. Not sure I want the wings to draft Noel but hes having a really good tournament.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Liked Boqvist that period for sure, dont see him a tonne in defensive situations which concerns me a little bit but thats the first period I've seen of him so take it with a grain of salt. Liked Veleno, I dont think Detroit has s hot at him though unfortunately. Merkley was exactly what you would expect, did some really good things, did some things that make you wonder what the heck hes doing. Not sure I want the wings to draft Noel but hes having a really good tournament.

Keep an eye on McShane and Dellandrea... I have liked them a lot.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Keep an eye on McShane and Dellandrea... I have liked them a lot.
Yeah I've been watching Dellandrea too for one of Detroits later picks. I've definitely liked him. McShane has been good this tournament but havent noticed him at all today

Right when I finished typing that Dellandrea set up a really nice goal to tie the game 1-1, hopefully not playing himself out of Detroits range with the Vegas pick

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Flip Johansson has looked quite good this tournament. He had less points than expected this year but clearly has an offensive side to his game. Kind of reminds me of Gustav Lindström but better in some areas.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah I've been watching Dellandrea too for one of Detroits later picks. I've definitely liked him. McShane has been good this tournament but havent noticed him at all today

Right when I finished typing that Dellandrea set up a really nice goal to tie the game 1-1, hopefully not playing himself out of Detroits range with the Vegas pick

Ugh, that would be a bummer. I like that kid a ton.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I think Boqvist is a special case because he played in a lower league for most of the season. Scouts needed to see that he's still got it. And he's still got it.

My guess is that Redder was referring to Dellandrea. Boqvist in this situation is just confirming what people thought of him before all the movement throughout the season saw him slip a touch. Probably going between 3-6 overall depending how the lotto shakes out and if teams decide to go after Wahlstrom or Tkachuk.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
A guy would need to be a monster in a tournament to drastically improve his standing at this point

Dellandrea is centering Canada's top line and playing very well, so I imagine he is improving his stock right now. Not sure how dramatic that ends up being yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->