IIHF small nations tour, no live games

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I don't know whether they do, but I'd rate the potential in Andorra, Ireland, Morocco, and Portugal rather low. The struggle is mostly to keep the game alive at all.

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
I don't know whether they do, but I'd rate the potential in Andorra, Ireland, Morocco, and Portugal rather low. The struggle is mostly to keep the game alive at all.

Most likely. Out of the four Ireland has the most potential to grow the game but without a national arena or serious funding they will always be bottom feeders.

Returning to the original topic these IIHF tournaments would benefit from some live coverage on-line but without it the whole idea of the event to develop the game in their countries seems pointless.

Last edited:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Do the Giants have any fans south of the border?

I guess the best way to introduce the game would be playing in places where people get exposed to it. Like shopping malls with ice rinks should such be available. Let people try skating for free and have sticks and a goalie for those that want to have a go.

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland

I guess the best way to introduce the game would be playing in places where people get exposed to it. Like shopping malls with ice rinks should such be available. Let people try skating for free and have sticks and a goalie for those that want to have a go.

In Dundalk where the Irish team used to play they do that as well as in Dublin I think. But that's on the east coast.

Belfast Giants apart from the surrounding area I doubt it (correct me if I'm wrong) nor does it get any coverage I gather in the Republic. I've seen some reports about them in the BBC/UK media but the British league itself I don't think gets a fair proportion of coverage but that's another thread.

Reactions: Albatros

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Great to see all these nations with hockey teams but yeah these nations probably won't get anywhere with hockey without some sort of TV coverage.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe

Giants do train in Dundalk though so maybe there are a few interested people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad