IIHF rule changes...make it a mans game

Status
Not open for further replies.

blamebettman*

1. Goalie gets hit in the head with the puck...play on.

2. Player loses his helmet....he should still be able to play the puck. This is a grown man, not some 7 year old mite.

3. On faceoffs, players should be able to play the puck with their feet.

4. Touch up icing. Sometimes guys can actually beat it out

5. no more shootouts, it's stupid on every level

6. crackdown on goalie equipment

7. smaller rinks, so players don't have to skate so damn far to create scoring chances. There is too much nothing going in these games. Remember games at Boston Garden or the Aud. Smaller rink = action.

Borlag

Jan 27, 2006
Helsinki, Funland
1 & 2. No chance of this happening. If the NHL team owners are already wanting to pull their players out of the international tournaments because of injury risk, what do you think this would result to?
3. Agreed
4. Can also result in more injuries, though at times when there's no real competition for the puck and it'd result in a breakaway the play should be allowed to continue. Perhaps a judgement call from the ref instead of complete rule change.
5. Agreed, it's a team sport, games should be settled by playing.
6. Also agreed.
7. Skating is a major part of hockey so this suggestion to me sounds extremely silly

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
blamebettman said:

2. Player loses his helmet....he should still be able to play the puck. This is a grown man, not some 7 year old mite.

7. smaller rinks, so players don't have to skate so damn far to create scoring chances. There is too much nothing going in these games. Remember games at Boston Garden or the Aud. Smaller rink = action.
1. Why?
2. Don`t like it. If it was up to me, players would wear full masks just like the women or the juniors.
3. Why? Stick is fine by me.
4. Don`t care either way.
5. I like shootouts
6. Don`t care either way.
7. Big no from me here. I actually like the big ice more. It emphasizes skating.

braincramp

Mar 10, 2004
blamebettman said:

8. Replace the cheap sticks with broadswords.

9. Prohibit helmets, visors, facemasks.

10. Award one goal for every tooth dislodged.

11. No paid healthcare for concussions incurred, it's your own fault.

blamebettman*

Wisent said:
1. Why?
2. Don`t like it. If it was up to me, players would wear full masks just like the women or the juniors.
3. Why? Stick is fine by me.
4. Don`t care either way.
5. I like shootouts
6. Don`t care either way.
7. Big no from me here. I actually like the big ice more. It emphasizes skating.

1. Because play doesn't stop when the puck hits equipment....DUH
2. Perhaps the players mothers should accompany them on the ice as well, just to make sure everybody plays nice. Hockey shouldn't be sissified
3. Playing the puck with your skate isn't a penalty
5. Hockey games should be decided by hockey, not shootouts or tiddlywinks

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
blamebettman said:
5. Hockey games should be decided by hockey, not shootouts or tiddlywinks

Every sport, internationally, ends in a penalty shootout, if there's no winner after the designated OT period.

Or would you have Sweden and Czech Rep. go to 3 OTs in the quarterfinals, and then tommorrow, one of them faces Canada who just beat Kazahstan pretty easily the same day.

These tournaments are too short to go to multiple OTs.

No real way around it.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
blamebettman said:
2. Perhaps the players mothers should accompany them on the ice as well, just to make sure everybody plays nice.

yeah no more more contact at all. you bump into a player game misconduct. Throw anything close to a check give him a suspension.

:sarcasm:

phillypensfan

Aug 3, 2005
There's quite a difference in the puck hitting the goalie equipment and the mask. When it hits the equipment,there's no real risk of injury there,so no reason for play to stop. I don't know about you,but when a shot hits you square in the mask,there's a pretty good chance of injury there...considering how fast and hard these pucks are being shot. I've seen at least once where the goalie mask actually came flying off the goalie's head from the puck hitting it(Fleury I think it was). The only reason for the ref stopping play when a goalie gets dinged in the mask with a puck is to make sure there is no injury,alot of times they are shaken up afterwards,but there is no point in risking an injury to a goalie by not stopping play. Shots are hard enough to cause concussions if it hits the mask in the wrong spot,but sure...let's just risk that happening for the sake of a goal maybe being scored. Tell you what,you play in goal and take a puck directly off your mask and then decide that you wouldn't want someone to stop play if you were shaken up from it(or even injured for that matter)

KrisKing*

If the puck knocks the helmet off, then you should stop the play. A goalie gets injured by a puck to the head probably fewer times than they break a hand catching a puck or something. It's a strange rule that I'm pretty sure doesn't exist anywhere else in hockey, and should be gone. Same with the one about not playing the puck with your foot on a faceoff. Who made these rules up anyways? Sounds like some half-baked idea a genius from hfboards.com would come up with.

And the shoot-out definately needs to go. It's bad enough to have a medal determined by a one game winner takes all, but to have a shoot-out too?

Pangu

Jun 20, 2005
4 is stupid. No-touch icing is far better than the crap in the NHL. Why do we need more injuries?

No way they get rid of shoot-outs

Why should the ice be smaller? The problem is not that players get tired goin an extra few feet, it is that the blus-line is too close to the goalie so that forwards cannot beat the Dman to the front of the net giving them more opportunity to trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad