IIHF reverses decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
I am watching the Modo v Farjstad game. During the first and second period the hockey central panel from sportsnet discussed that the IIHF has reversed its decision to allow locked out players to play in the World Championships and Olympics. The IIHF has made the decision to allow countries to put together the best teams they can.

Vomiting Kermit*

nomorekids said:
:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

don't give the whiners anything to look forward to. Let them sit at home and watch with the rest of us. :yo:
:yo:

Edit: wait a minute.

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
nomorekids said:

don't give the whiners anything to look forward to. Let them sit at home and watch with the rest of us. :yo:

I hate to tell you this that but this means that all locked out players will be allowed to participate in international competition.

Vomiting Kermit*

vanlady said:
I hate to tell you this that but this means that all locked out players will be allowed to participate in international competition.
I thought so. :banghead:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
vanlady said:

Then how is it a "reversal?"

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I didn't realize that people didn't know that already. Old news.

BrownWonder

nomorekids said:
Then how is it a "reversal?"

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I didn't realize that people didn't know that already. Old news.
Its sad an american knew this was old news.
:(

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
So what exactly does this decision by the IIHF mean? That they will foot part of the insurance fees for the players? As mentioned, I thought all along they would allow NHL players to play, provided there was no NHL.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I view this as bad news. Players that wanted to play for their countries could have been able to put pressure on the heads of the PA to get a deal done.. this is a mistake.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
pressure on the PA ?

lol...it's their union.

they know exactly what they're doing. without the players, there is no NHL.

the players have bent a hell of a lot to get the season going. if owner's won't share revenues to create an equal financial playing field for all 30 teams...why should the players accept a cap ?

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
Tricolore#20 said:
So what exactly does this decision by the IIHF mean? That they will foot part of the insurance fees for the players? As mentioned, I thought all along they would allow NHL players to play, provided there was no NHL.

My understanding is the individual country pays the insurance fees. I have already read online that Team Canada said they are not sure if they can afford a large roster of NHL players this year because of the possible insurance costs if there's no NHL season.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
tom_servo said:
He's a hockey fan. Are Canadian hockey fans inherently better informed? We're on the same freakin' internet.

Agreed,I listen to the Fan590,Leafs Lunch and Team 1200 in Ottawa.Some of the hosts are morons.If I wanted to hear them talk about the Super Bowl,then I would not be tuning in to listen.Talk about the lockout.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
missK said:
My understanding is the individual country pays the insurance fees. I have already read online that Team Canada said they are not sure if they can afford a large roster of NHL players this year because of the possible insurance costs if there's no NHL season.

There was a link to a TSN video clip where some guy said that Canada will form a team from the players who haven't played yet this season, and that they'll play exhibition games against similar teams from other countries.

As for this "reversal", I haven't heard or read anywhere that the IIHF would not have allowed lock-out players from playing at the Worlds in the first place so this seems a little weird. The only problem IIHF has had was with the insurance payments. Last year several players paid them themselves.

Edit: here's the TSN video clip: http://prodtsn.tsn.ca/audio_video/video_loader.asp?reel=21290

Last edited:

A Good Flying Bird*

nomorekids said:

One question for people with objectivity?
If the locked out NHLers are available to play, why shouldn't they play?
Why should the labor dispute have ANY impact on the Olympics.
If this means Stacey Roest starts at center for Team Canada, I want no part of this.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Newsguyone said:
One question for people with objectivity?
If the locked out NHLers are available to play, why shouldn't they play?
Why should the labor dispute have ANY impact on the Olympics.
If this means Stacey Roest starts at center for Team Canada, I want no part of this.

I don't think it has anything to do with the dispute. And I'm anything but objective. I just don't want the players to have any sort of rewarding experience, personally. I'd rather they sat at home rotting while Kent Sauer takes JG Trudel to the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->