IIHF needs to change their rules

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
IIHF needs to change their rules and allow more players in the rosters, right now sweden have 6 d because of injury on erik gustafsson, we could really need pilut and almqvist on the bench.

if we get 1-2 more injuries on d-man we are doomed. insanity that you can not replace your injured players.

i remember og 2010....we played with 10 forwards against slovakia and oduya had to be the lw... of course we lost that game .

when will IIHF stop with their dictatorship?

anything else with IIHF you guys want to bring up that is negative and needs to change?

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Olympic games is a very different story, there the IOC is strictly limiting the amount of athletes per nation/federation, the IIHF cannot do there anything even if they'd like to.

I think it is the right thing to do to limit players. I mean if there is no limit it could be possible that Canada starts with 20 players and plays the final with 20 completley different players.
But in case of a clear injury there should be the possibility to replace a player, maybe from a special list you submit before the tournament.

Reactions: Faterson

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
IIHF needs to change their rules and allow more players in the rosters, right now sweden have 6 d because of injury on erik gustafsson, we could really need pilut and almqvist on the bench.

if we get 1-2 more injuries on d-man we are doomed. insanity that you can not replace your injured players.

i remember og 2010....we played with 10 forwards against slovakia and oduya had to be the lw... of course we lost that game .

when will IIHF stop with their dictatorship?

anything else with IIHF you guys want to bring up that is negative and needs to change?

I don't agree. It's a short tournament and having a limit is right. Maybe the roster limit can be raised of one or two men but the picture won't change much probably

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I think the amount of players on the roster is fine, but there should be a limit on replacing injured players. 1 or 2 is fine.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Yeah, Finland also had to play some with a forward playing D some time back.

I really think the teams should be allowed to bring in a reserve squad in case of injury. For instance, 2 forwards, 2 defensemen and 1 goalie. And they would only be allowed to play if someone actually got injured.

Reactions: Faterson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->