IIHF Hockey Socks

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Thanks, but both of those have the traditional hockey sock for sale. The Nike sock is made of different material and have a different look as seen in the WJC's. I am looking for th sock the NHL players wore in the Turin Winter Olympics, since the WJC's are back I thought I would give it another shot.

Muttley*

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Yeah I don't believe they are out on the market...the vertical stripes weren't a big hit with many. I personally like them...eBay is probably your best bet. I've seen them on there a couple times. But if you wanted something similar, try some mesh socks. They got a bit of a tight stretchy fit, and arn't as thick as traditional ones, but no where near those Nike ones probably.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I think most of the European teams wear them as well, I find it hard to believe with so many players wearing this new style of sock they don't exist for sale anywhere on the planet. I look on Ebay periodically but haven't found anything.

ModSquad

Jan 26, 2005
www.modsquadhockey.com
No, the Euros wear mesh socks. The Nike Swift is not mesh.

swift1.jpg

swift2.jpg

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
I remember a website that made socks like those European teams wear. You can have them custom made too...so you could replicate that look, but the material is different like the poster said above. I need to find that site.....

Muttley*

Yeah, those are the socks I'm looking for.

lol, good luck. I've never seen them for sale online or in a hockey related store, or have I seen someone wearing them. They're really not as bad as people are making them out to be.

ModSquad

Jan 26, 2005
www.modsquadhockey.com
It is not the same sock.

The Nike Swift sock is super-tight, with Dri-Fit and a vent on the back of the leg and a ripstop material that resists abrasion.

What I don't like about them is that while the front has a velcro tab for your jock, the back doesn't. It is a sock you definitely have to wear garters with.

It keeps everything in place but it is a workout putting them on.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
It is not the same sock.

The Nike Swift sock is super-tight, with Dri-Fit and a vent on the back of the leg and a ripstop material that resists abrasion.

What I don't like about them is that while the front has a velcro tab for your jock, the back doesn't. It is a sock you definitely have to wear garters with.

It keeps everything in place but it is a workout putting them on.

How did you get access to a pair?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->