• LA @ SJ
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
4-1 Oilers. 97 w/2 points & Strome gets on the board. Dorsett will bring his usual head up the ass play and hopefully gets tuned up by one of many Oilers.

Dakinjor

Nov 13, 2014
I put a giant bet on the oilers tonight so im sorry before hand for the loss :(

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
What's the source on those lines? TM would be crazy to at least not try Lucic Nuge Kassian. I think Yamo is gonna be a hell of a hockey player but it was evident last game that line combo was much more efficient.

Lord Quas

The unseen
Aug 9, 2006
What's the source on those lines? TM would be crazy to at least not try Lucic Nuge Kassian. I think Yamo is gonna be a hell of a hockey player but it was evident last game that line combo was much more efficient.

He knows what that line can do. I have no doubt if it's warranted, they'll see time together tonight. Definitely one of many options TMac has if things aren't looking good. Heck, if Kassian is looking good early, and the nucks are matching and limiting McDrai, throwing out Marron, McD, Kassian followed by Lucic, Drai, Strome/Yamo isn't a bad adjustment either.

Yamo looked like a rookie last game, but did he hurt the team? He sat, and probably has a burning desire to redeem himself. Hopefully he had a good practice and will bring it tonight. He probably is going down soon, so giving him some food for thought about the level he needs to be at is best done sooner than later, in my mind. He showed that he can think the game and compete at the early preseason level of intensity, let's give him a few games to see if he can adjust. I think throwing the rookie back out there is the correct move.

Plus, they can throw Kassian on his line, and we know that's fire o_O ✌️

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
A few years ago the Oilers would blow this game, coming off a huge win, playing an inferior opponent, you could just see it coming. Hopefully those days are over.

Vancouver always plays us tough at home, game is closer than we'd like, 3-2 Oilers.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005

I think the OP just assumes, since McLellan usually doesn't change the lineup after a win.

Yeah, Kailer definitely struggled last game, but they need to give him a chance to bounce back. That said, I'm sure they'll be quick to move up Kassian if we see more of the same.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Canucks have the book on us.. will be a close tight game. I'll say 2-1 Oilers. McDavid and Draisaitl with 1G 1A each

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
I think the OP just assumes, since McLellan usually doesn't change the lineup after a win.

Yeah, Kailer definitely struggled last game, but they need to give him a chance to bounce back. That said, I'm sure they'll be quick to move up Kassian if we see more of the same.
Correct. Odds are the Koala gives it another look today. OP was posted prior to morning skates.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I'll say 2-1 Oilers. Canucks have actually been pretty effective at slowing our offence down lately. However, the new penalty situation could change all of that. If we get Tim Peel or something I could see us winning big 7-3

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
6-2 Oilers

McDavid with a goal and three apples, Draisaitl hat trick, Jokinen and Yamamoto with one each.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I love the Kompact in action!

To keep things interesting, I think McDavid should not forget the other perpetrator that night and pick a fight with Del Zotto.

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
Vancouver seems to be one of those teams we shouldn't have a problem with but for whatever reason every time we play them it's a close game. Wouldn't expect any different tonight, let's get some revenge from the final preseason game last weekend!

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
5-3.

It's the home opener for the Canucks. They'll have more life now than they will when the reality of their situation settles in. So it'll be more competitive than it normally would be.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

You don't want Kassian in the top 6 for an extended period, only short spurts when the team needs a boost of energy. He's perfect in a 3rd/4th line role. If they don't play Yamamoto in the top 6 then they might as well send him back now.

This will be a tough game. The Canucks match up well with the Oilers for whatever reason so expect a tight, low scoring game. 2-1 or 3-2, could go either way. Too much overconfidence in this thread IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->