Prospect Info: Igor Shvryov [125th overall]

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
From what I've read he sounds like a Maxim Afinogenov type player; speed to burn and great stickhandling, but a really bad shot who doesn't play with much physicality.

For a 5th rounder, he's a decent pick. Some of these Russian kids can come out of nowhere a few years after they've been drafted so it's nice to have one like that.

I cannot tell you how many times I used to trade for him and Ryan Smyth in the NHL games :laugh:

No one posted this? He's #3 which I admit is an odd number for a forward. That is Forsberg-esque, just with more skating and less wrestling.

His thread is filled with games, highlights, and reports from posters. A lot of good information in here.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=128686503

Good Lord, wizard with the puck.

Bring this ****er over to North America STAT! :amazed:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Oh boy I am happy about this one! The challenge will be getting him over to NA. The kid can really play and is dominant offensively. He struggles when played physically, but you can't teach his hands, skating, smarts combo. Elite offensive skill set... elite.

You can't teach skating or hands?

So we drafted our Kucherov ? :naughty:

Nah We got Parshin 2.0:D

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I'm curious. In situations like this with a player drafted out of Russia. Have the avalanche spoken to him about his intentions of coming over to the US. Or is it a pure gamble when teams draft these kinds of players?

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Please, not in this thread. Dear god.

No biggie, it's natural when 2 hardcore Radulov fans meet up in a different thread except for trade / rumor thread and start debating. I like Radulov's overall game, he would instantly be our top star player and a top winger. The biggest plus except for a skill is that he is a very hard working player, his work ethic is next to ROR.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I like this choice. Pick is a slight reach, but his skating is smooth, good size and scoring is outstanding. I believe he still has 2 years remaining in Russia to continue improving. He may never play in the NHL. Using the 5th round pick, you take the high risk for a high return selection.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Will he be selected by a CHL team today??

Based on AJ's article they think he may play over there. Hepple mentioned the draft specifically.

“I think if the situation is right, he’s got skill,†Hepple said. “We’ve talked to the agents, we’ve talked to all that….yes, he wants to come. I guess if the situation is right, he will come.â€Â

What are the circumstances to make the situation right?

“Maybe he comes to juniors first,†Hepple suggested. “The CHL Import Draft is this Tuesday. We’ve had calls whether he wants to come. We told them they have to talk to the agents and find out whether he wants to come play junior in Canada which I always think is a plus.

http://bsndenver.com/alan-hepple-opens-up-about-avalanche-draft-process/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad