Igor Grigorenko

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
What type of future does this guy have in the NHL?

I remember he had 1 or 2 fantastic World Junior Championships, then he almost got killed in a car accident which put his developement on hold for awhile.

How has he been this year? Will he be in NA next season?

Could he be a top 2 line guy in Detroit? Thanks.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
hell be a top 2 liner for detroit in the future. With the older guys going down, lang, yzerman, maybe some others going out, hes definitely what datsyuk needs on his wing, we shall see what happens

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
i read many months ago that DRW wanted to bring him over before this season, but couldn't--probably for transfer agreement reasons.

in february, assistant GM jim nill went scouting in europe, watched grigorenko play and said his skating was almost back to 100%. so by next season, should be fully recovered.

he likely wouldn't play in AHL, since there's more $ in RSL. datsyuk and zetterberg also came straight to NHL. i assume he'd make NHL, since det has lack of scoring wingers and too many centers. he'd probably play w/ datsyuk, since they played well together in WC's.

he's not tall 5'10-5'11, but he's big: about 215!

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Seeing every post in this thread just assume that Grigorenko will end up in Detroit makes it worth mentioning again that Grigorenko is an UFA in June .

He'll probably be in the NHL next year, but who it's for is still wide open.

hockeytown5

Aug 19, 2005
Toronto
MS said:
Seeing every post in this thread just assume that Grigorenko will end up in Detroit makes it worth mentioning again that Grigorenko is an UFA in June .

He'll probably be in the NHL next year, but who it's for is still wide open.

No he's not. The Wings have until summer of '07 to sign him.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
hockeytown5 said:
No he's not. The Wings have until summer of '07 to sign him.

Show me proof.

Everything that's been reported in the last year has stated that all unsigned 2002 and earlier Euro picks are UFAs this summer. 2003 picks are UFAs in 2007, 2004 picks in 2008.

hockeytown5

Aug 19, 2005
Toronto
MS said:
Show me proof.

Everything that's been reported in the last year has stated that all unsigned 2002 and earlier Euro picks are UFAs this summer. 2003 picks are UFAs in 2007, 2004 picks in 2008.

http://www.redwingscentral.com/features/rwcplus.html

Scroll down to "Upcoming Prospect Signing Deadlines"

Trust me, if he becomes an UFA this summer, Wings fans would be rioting in the streets.

Edit: It seems like all the Russian players get until 2007 to sign a deal...probably due to the transfer issue.

Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
hockeytown5 said:
http://www.redwingscentral.com/features/rwcplus.html

Scroll down to "Upcoming Prospect Signing Deadlines"

Trust me, if he becomes an UFA this summer, Wings fans would be rioting in the streets.

Edit: It seems like all the Russian players get until 2007 to sign a deal...probably due to the transfer issue.

Weird.

I stand corrected. Have no idea how or why Russian players would have a 5 year window when everyone else has 4 (except for the 2004-drafted Russians who apparantly still have a 4-year window), but obviously that's the case. Bizaare.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
MS said:
Weird.

I stand corrected. Have no idea how or why Russian players would have a 5 year window when everyone else has 4 (except for the 2004-drafted Russians who apparantly still have a 4-year window), but obviously that's the case. Bizaare.
i was sure grigorenko had to be signed before this july. DRW would definitely sign him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->