IFHL: Official free agent "draft"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Modano

Mar 16, 2002
Netherlands
www.ardashholm.nl
jacketracket said:
I don't doubt that you wouldn't want to go with the regular draft order---you got the advantage of picking at the top of that order, and didn't want the inconvenience of compensating by picking at the bottom of the FA draft.

So you changed the rules to suit your needs.

How about no FA draft at all

Then you'll have to fight for you players. Is that what you want??

shveik

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
Mike Modano said:

Well, it depends on whom I have to fight. :p

What I do not get is why we couldn't just continue the draft to the 35th round. :dunno: It seemed to go pretty well lately with the short clock. The time we spent waiting for this FA draft to start, we could have easily gone through 3 rounds of the draft the way it was going.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Mike Modano said:

Actually this is a very good idea. I dont mind at all ;) :handclap:

rework

Sep 12, 2002
Visit site
Mike Modano said:

Well, actually, I think that would be FAR better than what's been presented here.

Let's just do what we did last season. You get one pick per day. First come, first serve.

Guys, I appreciate all you've done for this draft... But frankly, you made a bad decision in this plan... And it's not too late to fix it.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
rework said:
Well, actually, I think that would be FAR better than what's been presented here.

Let's just do what we did last season. You get one pick per day. First come, first serve.

Guys, I appreciate all you've done for this draft... But frankly, you made a bad decision in this plan... And it's not too late to fix it.

I think this is a good idea as well...set it up to begin wed or thur so that all GMs have time to prepare.

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Patty Ice XXX said:
I think this is a good idea as well...set it up to begin wed or thur so that all GMs have time to prepare.
I aslo agree with that let's say 1 first come first serve 1 player er day 12am ET

jacketracket*

Mike Modano said:

Hmmmm....., let me see. I was already at a small---but fair---disadvantage by placing 30th in the first round of the regular draft.

Now, with this FA draft you've cobbled together, 28 teams (multiplied by 3 players each, for a total of 84 players taken), will get to further improve themselves, at my expense.

I think you hit the nail on the head---NO FA draft would be fairer than this system you've suggested.

Mike Modano

Mar 16, 2002
Netherlands
www.ardashholm.nl
jacketracket said:
Hmmmm....., let me see. I was already at a small---but fair---disadvantage by placing 30th in the first round of the regular draft.

Now, with this FA draft you've cobbled together, 28 teams (multiplied by 3 players each, for a total of 84 players taken), will get to further improve themselves, at my expense.

I think you hit the nail on the head---NO FA draft would be fairer than this system you've suggested.

OK, then no FA-draft it is...

Starting from wednesday 12 PM ET, everyone gets to choose 1 FA per day. 1st come, 1st serve.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
OK...so I assume FA draft is at 12:00 noon (ET) today. RIGHT HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad