IFHL: Official free agent "draft"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Here it is, sorry it took a while but it's quite some work getting all the players and teams into the officepools database.

Before I reveal the list, here's a quick reminder, please *READ* it:

Go to the official standings at oficepools.com, then click "sal+" to see team salaries. Every team that's over the 55 limit (including myself) has to get their roster under or at the cap limit before October 21st. If not, the team in question will be penalized by substracting draft picks, prospects or a fine that lowers your cap even more.

How does it works?

You simply check when it's your turn and make sure you can make a claim on the day given. It works the same as the regular draft, only with a 2 hour limit and you can take as many as 3 players with your turn. It isn't required to take anyone, but it's to fill up your team/reserves/farm so...

Remaining players that will be left can be signed during the season on the official IFHL site.

Before you throw tomatoes at me, consider that the remaining talent is utterly low and with many teams in cap problems, expect most to draft the cheap ones rather then the better ones. And with the season underway, we can't run it for 5 rounds and have our league complete by the end of November.

So, with that out of the way we can finally start, I'd like to start the free agent draft thuesday so GM's have one day to catch the news and don't look surprised.

Thuesday

01: San Jose
02: Carolina
03: Chicago
04: St.Louis
05: Washington

Wednesday

06: Atlanta
07: NY Rangers
08: Phoenix
09: Dallas
10: NY Islanders

Thursday

11: Pittsburgh
12: Edmonton
13: New Jersey
14: Toronto
15: Minnesota

Friday

16: Montreal
17: Ottawa
18: Florida
19: Nashville
20: Anaheim

Saterday

21: Vancouver
22: Buffalo
23: Boston
24: Los Angeles
25: Detroit

Sunday

26: Tampa Bay
27: Colorado
28: Philadelphia
29: Columbus
30: Calgary

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
This is quite confusing. How many players do we suppose to draft? Does this mean on our draft "day", we pick all the players?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Dallas Flames Fan said:
This is quite confusing. How many players do we suppose to draft? Does this mean on our draft "day", we pick all the players?

Don't see what's so confusing, you can pick as many as 3 players with your turn as we only do one round. The remaining players could be signed through the season.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Modano = God said:
Don't see what's so confusing, you can pick as many as 3 players with your turn as we only do one round. The remaining players could be signed through the season.

OK...I guess I am confused since I still assume that we were going to have 10 FA each at the end of the draft.

Anyway, so if you missed your turn, can you make it up? I would say no because the people on the bottom of the list are at the big disadvantage already.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
So to reduce the cap, you can just waive a player, correct?

If I waive a player, can I pick his replacement immediately from the FA pool?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Dallas Flames Fan said:
OK...I guess I am confused since I still assume that we were going to have 10 FA each at the end of the draft.

Anyway, so if you missed your turn, can you make it up? I would say no because the people on the bottom of the list are at the big disadvantage already.

No, 3 free agents, if you want more, sign them during the season..

They can make up for it by selecting them after the draft..

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Dallas Flames Fan said:
So to reduce the cap, you can just waive a player, correct?

If I waive a player, can I pick his replacement immediately from the FA pool?

You can waive them, and you can pick one to replace him immidiately during the season, just not now with this draft.

jacketracket*

How was the order determined? I've got to object to drafting 30th of 30 in the regular draft, and then drafting in last place in the FA draft.
This isn't fair, and as with the draft order during the regular draft, I suspect that it's NOT "random".

jacketracket*

Modano = God said:
No, 3 free agents, if you want more, sign them during the season..

They can make up for it by selecting them after the draft..
I want to be sure that I've got this correct---not only do I pick 30th of 30 in the regular draft but, as a reward I get to make my FA picks after 25 other teams have potentially selected 3 of the available players (for a total of 75 players taken, before my turn).

Why don't you just deduct $5M off my salary cap ---that will really "even" things out.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
jacketracket said:
I want to be sure that I've got this correct---not only do I pick 30th of 30 in the regular draft but, as a reward I get to make my FA picks after 25 other teams have potentially selected 3 of the available players (for a total of 75 players taken, before my turn).

Why don't you just deduct $5M off my salary cap ---that will really "even" things out.

Your position in the regular draft has nothing to do with this one, as that one was snaked which made the results more balanced.

This one was a totally new order, sorry you don't like it..

jacketracket*

Modano = God said:
Your position in the regular draft has nothing to do with this one, as that one was snaked which made the results more balanced.

This one was a totally new order, sorry you don't like it..
How was THIS order determined? The "random" hat thing, again?

It's not a question of whether I like it or not---you're the Commish, and you set the rules; if you decide against fair and equitable, there isn't much I can do.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
jacketracket said:
How was THIS order determined? The "random" hat thing, again?

It's not a question of whether I like it or not---you're the Commish, and you set the rules; if you decide against fair and equitable, there isn't much I can do.

I don't pay much attention nor give much for this free agent draft, the talent is utterly low and most players would only interfere with the cap rather then help out. Don't see what the fuss is about, it's only meant to fill up your reserves.

jacketracket*

Modano = God said:
I don't pay much attention nor give much for this free agent draft, the talent is utterly low and most players would only interfere with the cap rather then help out. Don't see what the fuss is about, it's only meant to fill up your reserves.[/QUOT]

If this is basically "meaningless" as you suggest, then why not at least throw those of us who got stuck at the end of the regular draft a bone, and allow us to pick in reverse of that order.

Don't tell me that the talent is low---I've got a list of available players PLAYING on NHL rosters now that can help my team, and after 75 more players are selected before the turn gets to me, I doubt that any will be left.

The "fuss" is that I've put alot of time into building the best possible team I could, and I accepted the randomness of the regular draft that had me picking 30th of 30---after all, someone had to be last---now I'm being disadvantaged yet further by being placed at the end of THIS draft.

It isn't fair, and you know it.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
jacketracket said:
Modano = God said:
I don't pay much attention nor give much for this free agent draft, the talent is utterly low and most players would only interfere with the cap rather then help out. Don't see what the fuss is about, it's only meant to fill up your reserves.[/QUOT]

If this is basically "meaningless" as you suggest, then why not at least throw those of us who got stuck at the end of the regular draft a bone, and allow us to pick in reverse of that order.

Don't tell me that the talent is low---I've got a list of available players PLAYING on NHL rosters now that can help my team, and after 75 more players are selected before the turn gets to me, I doubt that any will be left.

The "fuss" is that I've put alot of time into building the best possible team I could, and I accepted the randomness of the regular draft that had me picking 30th of 30---after all, someone had to be last---now I'm being disadvantaged yet further by being placed at the end of THIS draft.

It isn't fair, and you know it.

Tough luck.. there's really not much to add.. the order was set up fair and properly as we wouldn't want to go with the regular draf order. You just have some bad luck..

I won't comment on this case any further.

jacketracket*

Modano = God said:
Tough luck.. there's really not much to add.. the order was set up fair and properly as we wouldn't want to go with the regular draf order. You just have some bad luck..

Exactly, and that's the rub---I doubt that luck had anything to do with it.

You've yet to explain how this order was "randomly" selected.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
jacketracket said:

You've yet to explain how this order was "randomly" selected.

Like we've done so during every draft.. from my special FC Chelsea hat..

jacketracket*

vsmith said:
jacketracket, let's just trade our picks. i don't mind picking 25th... ;)
You can have my picks. I've spent too much time on this League to give this FA draft sham any legitimacy by actually drafting.

I will compete with the team I have, through the end of this season, and then someone else can take it over.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
jacketracket said:

You mean there is a conspiracy? :D

hmmm...why am I always at the bottom of his hat :p

jacketracket*

Dallas Flames Fan said:
You mean there is a conspiracy? :D

hmmm...why am I always at the bottom of his hat :p
I'm not necessarily suggesting that there's a conspiracy, but I am strongly suggesting that it is patently unfair to expect everybody to compete on an even footing, when some of us end up picking dead last in 14 of 26 rounds of drafting---the last round encompassing three picks per GM.

In essence, some of us are picking last in 16 of 28 rounds.

jacketracket*

Modano = God said:

I don't doubt that you wouldn't want to go with the regular draft order---you got the advantage of picking at the top of that order, and didn't want the inconvenience of compensating by picking at the bottom of the FA draft.

So you changed the rules to suit your needs.

rework

Sep 12, 2002
Visit site
This wouldn't be so bad if it were just one per round.. But at 3 per round??? Something like 75 FAs could be gone before I even get to pick!

Come on, this just isn't fair!!!

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
jacketracket said:
I don't doubt that you wouldn't want to go with the regular draft order---you got the advantage of picking at the top of that order, and didn't want the inconvenience of compensating by picking at the bottom of the FA draft.

So you changed the rules to suit your needs.

Which needs? I could care less where I pick.. hell.. I would swap with you if you wanted to..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad