If you were the Blackhawks...

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by bullsville, Apr 15, 2007.

1. bullsville

bullsville Registered User

...what do you pick?
    Kane or Voracek
    In my opinion,Kane will be the logical option but his size and his defensive play is not veryt good...

Thoughts?

2. Happyhary9

Happyhary9 Registered User

I want to see the Hawks go with Kane. We already have a lot of good 2 way players in the system but no dynamic scorer. Yes Kane may be small but he is very offenivly gifted. And if he is 5-10 thats not to small anyway. Plus he has dominated at ever level he has be at. He seems to be one of those players that just have IT, and can score.

3. Redwingsfan

Redwingsfan Global Moderator

Awards:
    you have havlat, but he cant do it all by himself. the blackhawks needs to draft kane. imo thats the obvious pick for them.

4. Mac DeMarco

Mac DeMarco Registered User

hawks definitely take kane..who cares if he's 5'9"? if he was an inch or two taller no one would have question about his position in the draft

5. Erika

Erika Registered User

Operations Management
    I'll go with Jakub Voracek, simply because I think that Kane is not that good as everybody think. Plus, Voracek is the complete package and you can't have a better option than this guy. He will be more valuable to a team for what he can bring than Kane.

Patrick Kane is leeching from Sam Gagner and Sergei Kostitsyn. His team plays an offensive minded game. He's on the power play for the whole 2 minutes with 5 forwards... It tells alot... Kane's numbers skyrocket because of theses aspects.

Kane should go 2 or 3, but I don't think he's worth the #1 overall at this point...

I'm not saying that Kane is not good, simply that he's not better than Voracek.

It's like asking who do you pick between Marian Hossa or Paul Kariya ?! I think the answer is not that hard...

Just my opinion.

6. Timeless Winter

Timeless Winter Save the Crew

Machinist
    If I'm the Hawks GM I would go with Voracek.

7. PuckheadMcGillycuddy

PuckheadMcGillycuddy Registered User

With 27 and 14 points, respectively, more than those two, I think they are leeching from him. And Gagner and Kostitsyn both play their entire duration of most power plays, too. They are all on the same line, play nearly the same amount of ice time, yet Kane has more points and he's worse than them? Good logic.

8. Rabid Ranger

Rabid Ranger 2 is better than one

Contract manager
    If I was the Hawks, I would go with the most explosive offensive talent, and IMO that is Kane. I have no doubt Voracek is the more well-rounded player, and probably always will be, but that's not what they need right now. Kane will need some polishing in his own zone, but he's an able even strength scorer, which should help mitigate some of his defensive shortcomings.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  9. BritSabre

BritSabre Registered User

Product Designer
    Home Page:
    I'd take Voracek with 29/30 teams - better player.

I'd take Kane with 1/30 teams - local lad.

10. Kritty

Kritty Registered User

Home Page:
    You've just summed up exactly why no one should value your opinion. You have no clue about Kane whatsoever. Kane in fact carries the offence in London. Most guys that lead there team in scoring don't have to leech off other people, clearly you don't know that. And of course it tells alot that he's on the PP for the whole 2 minutes. It tells that his skills are that good that he is going to play the entire PP. You honestly have no clue what you're talking about.

11. Mac DeMarco

Mac DeMarco Registered User

i know the hawks wont come close to even considering him for #1 but what has happened to van Riemsdyk? no one has said a word about him on just about any thread

12. BuddehJuS

BuddehJuS Registered User

Don't hold back now, tell him how you really feel.

:whaaa?:

P.S. Don't be such an ***. This is a discussion of opinions, so lighten up, no reason to insult the person.

13. barrel_master

barrel_master Amber Heard

I have to go with Voracheck too... D is a skill too and I'm not sure if Kane is a better outscorer then Voracheck. But, I really think they should give serious consideration to Turris.

14. le_sean

le_sean Registered User

I say they go for Kane because they already have Toews, Skille, Bolland, Bourque who are two-way players, their only sniper prospect is Bertram, but he will probably be a 2nd liner as his stats have regressed this year. Granted they have Havlat, but he isn't a prospect, they need a good 1st line winger that can score in their system. This way with Havlat already in they don't need to rush Kane which is great for him.

15. Jason MacIsaac

Jason MacIsaac Registered User

NWO RCN
    Chicago is looking for an NHL ready player and Kane certainly needs some seasoning. I would be willing to bet he selects Voracek who will play in the NHL next year.

16. John Belushi

John Belushi Registered Boozer

:handclap:

17. Beauty eh?

Beauty eh? Not sure if serious.

That would be nice...then Phoenix can select Kane and the Kings can get Turris :)

18. Jason MacIsaac

Jason MacIsaac Registered User

NWO RCN
    I'd say Philly takes Kane

19. You don't draft on need..You take the best player.

20. Zim

Zim Registered User

Makarov is their best sniper prospect i'd say. I don't see Bertram as developing into anything better than a 3rd line energy guy with a scoring touch. Also Brouwer has proven he can score in the AHL and whether this translates into the NHL i do not know but he'll probably get a good shot next year and he has the size and skills to be a scoring winger in the NHL.

21. le_sean

le_sean Registered User

True, I forgot about Makarov. But I guess that furthers my point as there are only a bunch of question marks surrounding the true snipers in the Blackhawks prospect pool, so drafting Kane would make a lot of sense. Either or, I don't think you can lose with either Kane or Voracek, seeing as how they will probably both become good NHLers and the other will go to the opposite conference.

22. BuddehJuS

BuddehJuS Registered User

Supposedly, they're quite high on Turris, from what various Flyer's fans have heard from Holmgren and such.

23. Rabid Ranger

Rabid Ranger 2 is better than one

Contract manager
    I agree. All things being equal though (and let's assume that Voracek and Kane are basically equal), I would take the more offensively gifted Kane if I was the Hawks.

24. 5mn Major

5mn Major Registered User

..and if there's any time that that is even more paramount...it's when you've got the top pick.

25. jaydub*

jaydub* Guest

as a hawks fan id be fine with either. the only thing that worries me about Voracek is his low point total playing in the Q. I haven't seen him play so I can't judge, but it seems like such a highly rated prospect should be able to score a little more than he has in that league.