If you were Q. (Ideal lines with Hossa out.)

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Sekac/Panik - Toews - TT
I think we all know this line
Shaw - Danault - Sekac/Panik
Desi - Ras - Mashinter

I'd like to see Sekac get the first shake on the top line. Very unlikely though. Shaw seems like he's stapled there at this point. If Hossa is out 5+ games, I wouldnt be shocked to see Dano get the call. From what i've heard he's been a lot more effective in Rockford as of recently. Feburary injury opened the door for TT to get into the lineup last year.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Sekac - Toews - TT
Panarin - Anisimov - Kane
Shaw - Danault - Desi
Panik - ??? - ???

Ideally, they'd call somebody else up for Ras because he's not great, and somebody else for Mashinter because he's even worse. But I guess those two if Q is stubborn about them.

I want to see what Sekac can do with skilled players. He's been a +CF%Rel guy on every team he's been on despite usually getting close to neutral starts. If it doesn't work, move him down the lineup and replace him with Panik, or Shaw, or Desi or whoever.

Last edited:

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
If I were Q, I'd just quit cause I ####n suck and think I'm running some sort of leisure resort.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
But for real

65-19-86
Not sure
11-70-14
34-24-29/48

Rather see Bickell called up than Dano.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Sekac/Panik - Toews - TT
I think we all know this line
Shaw - Danault - Sekac/Panik
Desi - Ras - Mashinter

I'd like to see Sekac get the first shake on the top line. Very unlikely though. Shaw seems like he's stapled there at this point. If Hossa is out 5+ games, I wouldnt be shocked to see Dano get the call. From what i've heard he's been a lot more effective in Rockford as of recently. Feburary injury opened the door for TT to get into the lineup last year.

Yeah. Me too. Sekac definitely looks better than a 4th line player to me. I'd like to see what he can do playing with offensive talent.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
blender.gif

ManChild20

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Panik - Toews - TT
Panarin - Arty - Kane
Shaw - Danault - Sekac
Ras - Vinnie - Desi

However you shake it, the bottom lines look very meh to me. That 1LW or even just a solid top 9 LW would make it look a lot better (especially when Hossa gets back).

STC

Oct 29, 2012
I think the Hossa injury could be a blessing in disguise provided its not long term and he recovers fully. When that line has struggled most of the year its always been the LW who took the blame. Q never once pointed the spotlight at Hossa. I had a suspicion early in the season that it was Hossa who was holding that line back. I'm not sure that's true, but I would at least like to see a handful of games with someone else on the RW next to Toews just to see how that line performs.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I would have given Dano a look now that we have a hole at RW:

Shaw-Toews-Dano
Panarin-AA-Kane
Desjardins-Danault-TT
Sekac-Rasmussen-Panik

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
The radical "temporarily break up the best line in hockey to give Toews another reliable elite talent" idea:

Shaw-Toews-Kane
Panarin-AA-Dano
Desjardins-Danault-TT
Sekac-Rasmussen-Panik

STC

Oct 29, 2012
Here comes the "Dano sucks but I have nothing to back that claim up!!!" crowd....

I'm not in either camp, but at this point I think the Dano sucks crowd has more evidence supporting their claim than the Dano can play camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad