If you were GOD which team would u eliminate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifesfor*

He all know that the talent is spread out in the league because there is too many team.Which team woudl u simply "close" to add more talent to every team?

Here are my vote:

1-Nashville
2-Columbus
3-Florida
4-Carolina

When i see these 4 team at tv,i dont even mind watching the game, i know it will be just boring.Except NASH in columbus, well there is nothing incerdible to see

Now we would be back at 26 team, and that will give us a better show no? :)

allrevvedup25

Jul 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
How about these

1. New Jersey - because they can't sell out after being Stanley Cup champs.
2. Anaheim - Not a hockey environment, never was!!
3.Carolina - They couldn't survive in Hartford and now they should be adding Carolina to the list.
4. Pittsburgh - no money

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
1. Anaheim- I would let them come back only if the changed their name or else I'd move them to Houston and call them the Vipers.
2. Carolina- I would move them to Portland name them the Renegades and move Detroit to the East. :innocent:

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
West :

Anaheim
Nashville
Phoenix

East :

Florida
Carolina
Pittsburg

And I'd make 4 division of 6 teams allowing more interdivision games and creating more rivalties, with an all-canadian division!

jacketracket*

Rydified said:
Any reason, or just because you don't like the team?
Subtle attempt at sarcasm.

I assumed the thread-starter was a Habs fan. Personally, I wouldn't eliminate any teams, but I always get a kick out of those folks who suggest contracting someone else's favorite team, without offering a reason. :)

Kravitch

All the teams excpet for Vancouver!:)

OK OK, I'm gonne be realistic about this and not list teams I hold grudges against.

1. Carolina
2. Nashville
3. Florida
4. Atlanta

Kravitch

Flame_Star_Devil said:
:shakehead :banghead:

Not this rediculious argument again.

That's ok, I understand that the landscaper was on crack when he was deciding where the arena should be. :)

ExplosiveLEAFman

Jan 6, 2004
Toronto - It's been nearly forty years since they've won a cup. It's time to close up shop.

Detroit - Too old. The old players are just going to hold the young ones back. Get rid of the wings and let the young players go somewhere they can be useful.

Colorado - Forsberg is gone, Roy is gone. They had a nice run but there is really no reason to keep this team around.

Montreal - Best fans in the world, but the team will never be able to live up to their high expectations. We should free the players from this bondage and stop setting up the habs fans for disappointment. Eliminate the Canadiens and life will go much smoother for all involved.

HckyFght*

jacketracket said:
Subtle attempt at sarcasm.

I assumed the thread-starter was a Habs fan. Personally, I wouldn't eliminate any teams, but I always get a kick out of those folks who suggest contracting someone else's favorite team, without offering a reason. :)[/QUO

Hear Hear!!

This topic kills me! How many of the above posters are suggesting the team they root for get contracted? Fact is, that todays loser is tomorrows success story. There's nothing wrong with any of the teams mentioned above that a sane agreement with players and a little success wouldn't cure. I've been to games in southern localles and they're a ton of fun. Sure over-expansion watered down the league, but it has watered down all the leagues. You don't hear people suggesting the Arizona Cardinals (NFL) or the LA Clippers (NBA) get the ax. Contraction in baseball is merely a ploy to get new buildings built since moving teams is no longer a threat when the top 30 media markets are already covered.
More hockey is good. :banghead:
-HckyFght!

HckyFght*

explosivethinman said:
Toronto - It's been nearly forty years since they've won a cup. It's time to close up shop.

Detroit - Too old. The old players are just going to hold the young ones back. Get rid of the wings and let the young players go somewhere they can be useful.

Colorado - Forsberg is gone, Roy is gone. They had a nice run but there is really no reason to keep this team around.

Montreal - Best fans in the world, but the team will never be able to live up to their high expectations. We should free the players from this bondage and stop setting up the habs fans for disappointment. Eliminate the Canadiens and life will go much smoother for all involved.

This makes the most sense to me. Although why not just eliminate all the Canadian teams? They talk a lot about Canadian pride and love of the game but clearly can't keep their dollar up where it ought to be and all their players insist on being paid in US funds. Eliminate the Canadian teams and they can have their freakin original six back, lock out American and European players, and have the game go back to being all Canadian. The Canadian Hockey League. Of course it'll be played by nothing but old men but hey, better than all these foreigners ruining "Canada's Game" -HckyFght!

ExplosiveLEAFman

Jan 6, 2004
HckyFght said:
This makes the most sense to me. Although why not just eliminate all the Canadian teams? They talk a lot about Canadian pride and love of the game but clearly can't keep their dollar up where it ought to be and all their players insist on being paid in US funds. Eliminate the Canadian teams and they can have their freakin original six back, lock out American and European players, and have the game go back to being all Canadian. The Canadian Hockey League. Of course it'll be played by nothing but old men but hey, better than all these foreigners ruining "Canada's Game" -HckyFght!

Good post, I agree. :joker:

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Rydified said:
Any reason, or just because you don't like the team?
Funny that this is what the thread is all about, everyone can say Columbus, Atlanta, Carolina but when mentioning a canadian team we all get upset. I'll nominate Edmonton, their finantial situation isn't any better than some of the teams being mentioned.

Kravitch

Get rid of all the American teams.

*runs away from all the over sensitive fans*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad