If you could only sign one of these players...who would it be???

you can only sign one of them this off-season, who would you rather have as a Hawks fan??

• Total voters

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
yep, and I have no idea why I spelled it Shawn lol!!! I think it is contagious...I figured it was Seabs with the cap hit, but had to bust some more balls here like you said, why post this **** for others to read if you are too damn lazy yourself to at least try and make it coherent??

It's the wrong way to spell it.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Removing salary, Karlsson for sure

(The above statement was made in a vaccuum and didn't take into account any cost to acquire the player)

Last edited:

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
This is why I think HF50 posts from a computer and not a phone but he is just ****ing lazy. "sean" equals "Seab" as n is right next to b on the keyboard. These mistakes are everywhere in his writing and why sometimes he makes decent points his mistake infested posts take too much effort to piece together most of the time.
The real problem is that there's no dialogue with him. He posts that stuff and never responds to others who reply to it. It's a one way "conversation". Doesn't rate even a read if there's no discussion with him.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
I voted Carlson because I'd imagine he brings a little more physicality than EK but he could still add some offensive skill to the back end. I'd be fine with any of the options.

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
I'd take Eric Karlsson. The Hawks need to sit back, take their lumps and fight for the #1 pick in the draft for a few years. There's too much money that has been thrown away on the Core to sign anyone else to really help. Who would sign here anyways as the GM and HC are on hot seats? Let the young guys play for a few years and hope to get lucky in the draft.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Voted Tavares only because of EK's injury concerns. I'd also be willing to trade our 1st this year + Seabrook to Ottawa for EK's UFA rights. I know it seems like a lot to give up but imagine if he signed here AND we got rid of Seab's contract :yo:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I went with Tavares, but it also depends on what we draft. If we land one of the top forwards in that range then I would easily go with Karlsson, as getting a Wahlstrom/Zadina in the draft then sign Karlsson would just be amazing. Or, if we got Bouchard, Hughes, Dobson...whatever defender, then I would go with Tavares to really make our forward group that much deeper...I guess it kind of depends on what we do at the draft and what type of player we get before I focus on what area to help.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Voted Tavares only because of EK's injury concerns. I'd also be willing to trade our 1st this year + Seabrook to Ottawa for EK's UFA rights. I know it seems like a lot to give up but imagine if he signed here AND we got rid of Seab's contract :yo:

When Karlsson rather graphically described his ankle as half gone, or words to that effect it made me cringe and think his career may be cut short.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad