OT: If/When you played hockey, what NHL player did you try to copy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
When I was in elementary school, we hatched some duck eggs and I got to keep two of the ducklings. Named them Gumper and Cesare if that gives you any idea of who I was when I played net in street hockey.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
When I started (as an adult beginner, mind you) there were two sweaters available: 24 and 38. Naturally, I picked #24 to honor The Boogeyman. Got a lot of respect, and empathy, for someone who had to put that much effort into working on the basics to make it. My skating's still got a long way to go, but three years later I'm still playing.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
When I was in elementary school, we hatched some duck eggs and I got to keep two of the ducklings. Named them Gumper and Cesare if that gives you any idea of who I was when I played net in street hockey.

I am actually very close friends with a man who his entire life has been known as "Gump" to everyone, except the banks and legal system. Otherwise then he uses his birth name. But since he was around 4 years old (he is now 54) he was Gump.

And it has NOTHING to do with a movie featuring a dimwit.:rant:

(Forgot to mention his family were STH for the North Stars since day 1)

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
I'm pretty short so my favorite players were guys like Theo Fluery and Martin St. Louis. I was also a huge Wings fan and right handed so I obviously gravitated to Yzerman.

I guess I would like to think I tried to play like Martin St. Louis. Fast skater who could set up his teammates.

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
Played only a few times ice hockey (brazil duhh), but in inline i always loved Havlat style of play and skating (yes, hate me!), we used to make jokes that he looked like a spider in the ice always with his base centre low and open legs.

Now playing as a defenseman i love to watch Spurgeon, he is amazing :yo:

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I'm pretty short so my favorite players were guys like Theo Fluery and Martin St. Louis. I was also a huge Wings fan and right handed so I obviously gravitated to Yzerman.

I guess I would like to think I tried to play like Martin St. Louis. Fast skater who could set up his teammates.

I too am a gnome-sized human, but though I was a fan of Fleury growing up, it wasn't because of his stature, as I was pretty average sized for a kid :D Although when I re-started hockey as an adult I was fortuitously given Fleury's number, so I've stuck with it ;)

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Tried to play like Koivu. Ended up like MN Jarret Stoll (great at faceoffs, not so great at anything else). That's what I get for starting hockey in peewees vs younger. Really want to try intramural hockey at college but pads are expensive for a college student (and for others).

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Tried to play like Koivu. Ended up like MN Jarret Stoll (great at faceoffs, not so great at anything else). That's what I get for starting hockey in peewees vs younger. Really want to try intramural hockey at college but pads are expensive for a college student (and for others).

You're in college, you don't buy stuff. Barter, make deals, do some **** work at an icerink, beg, make friends with an equipment manager, find a sugar momma, ect... :naughty:

Life lessons man, life lessons. :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad