If there is a season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
which players are under contract in Europe for the remainder of the season? I believe that Kovalchuk is staying but I'm curious if there are any other quality players who won't be making their way back if the season is saved?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
1) no contract in Europe is a true obstacle. Players or their teams could easily buy themself out.

2) Some seasons are nearing their end in Europe already. Remember..they start earlier and end MUCH earlier.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Canucker said:
which players are under contract in Europe for the remainder of the season? I believe that Kovalchuk is staying but I'm curious if there are any other quality players who won't be making their way back if the season is saved?
Morozov , and the Bulin wall and Forsberg (inj)

WhalerBoy

Jul 22, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
The Messenger said:
Morozov , and the Bulin wall and Forsberg (inj)

Khahbibulin is not coming? Are you sure about that? Thats the first I heard of it. I know he has a whopper of a contract, but I never heard of him being contracted to Ak Bars for the year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
jtuzzi21 said:
Kovalchuk.

Yeah, I think he was an RFA and a clause in his contract was that if the lockout went into the new year (2005) he would stay over in Russia.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
WhalerBoy said:
Khahbibulin is not coming? Are you sure about that? Thats the first I heard of it. I know he has a whopper of a contract, but I never heard of him being contracted to Ak Bars for the year.
He can leave but he was given a 6 mil US guaranteed contract that is only valid if he stays the full year and its back loaded .. So I don't see him giving up 3 Mil to collect 1.5 mil in short season etc ..

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
The Messenger said:
He can leave but he was given a 6 mil US guaranteed contract that is only valid if he stays the full year and its back loaded .. So I don't see him giving up 3 Mil to collect 1.5 mil in short season etc ..

he has a contract, and if there is a season, he will be in breach of contract if he DOESNT return.

the Lightning could suspend him, and reallly screw him over if he decided to stay over seas "for the money"

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Olli Jokinen, Riku Hahl, Andrew Raycroft and Adam Hall are RFA and playing in Finland at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->