OT: If the Jets are sellers, who gets sold?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think this is a little excessive… thought I don’t think they axe KC… I think he gets one more coach. Tbh, I think KC does a pretty good job re drafting, contract negotiations and thought he did really well this off-season. Unfortunately, in retrospect they should have let Maurice leave in the summer. As they say..if you’re not in, your out!
Never heard kc for Chevy so I thought u meant Connor first.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
time to blow it up and rebuild.

cant believe im saying that already. what a small and depressing window.

Really need to wait and see what we have under Lowry before doing anything substantial.

That means losing this year IF Lowry doesn't turn it around hard and fast - but you still need to wait and see what we have.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Lol. Exactly. I get the NHL GMs aren't infallible, but it's a pretty ridiculous fan take that we should trade a guy that 31other GMs are lining up to take. You really think you know better than all of them?

31 GMs lining up to take a guy that you like, but can replace/do without is an ideal situation. 31 GM's lining up to get him is a very good reason to trade him - but it always depends on getting the right return.

If all you ever trade is players no one wants, you are never getting anything good in trade. Or, if all you ever trade is players you are fed up with because they are no good/constant disappointments, you never get anything good in trade.

The truth is that although 31 GM's might like to have Stan only 5 or 6 are willing and able to pay something that we might value in exchange. The rest will just try to steal him.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think Dave Lowry will be a competent NHL coach and that's all this roster needs to go far. On ice accountability goes a long ways. There's been pitiful little of that the last few seasons. I'm optimistic myself.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

But Lowry needs quite a turnaround to get into the PO. Once there, we could do some damage. This thread is about if he doesn't quite make it. If we don't look like making the PO, we should be sellers. What to sell is pretty easy.

Copp, Stastny, Beaulieu, if we haven't waived him before then. Anyone else?
Toninato having only 1 more year at 750k might qualify for TD. I doubt he returns enough to be worth moving. I think he is a decent 4th liner which we will need anyway. But if someone is willing to give us a 3rd or 4th, I take it. For less than that, I keep him.
Logan Stanley is similarly cheap for only 1 more year and might produce a decent return, but I think he might bring more in a hockey trade. Maybe as an add to a bigger deal.
That's about it, I think.

Get Beaulieu out of the conversation quickly. He doesn't return much, but if some team wants him for depth/grit I accept pretty much any offer.

Copp is valuable. He could be the basis for getting a prospect like Schneider but picks are the more likely currency. 1st + 3rd, I think. Oilers might be a good target if they can make the cap/LTIR work.

Stastny, I think, also has good value. Just the kind of experienced leader who can still play, including at the vital C position that teams need in the PO. His experience includes quite a bit of PO time too. Might just bring another late 1st, or a 2nd + 3rd.

On either of those we retain and/or take back an expiring contract.

Reactions: TheRC and Hunter368

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
If they are selling and that’s looking more and more like a reality you start with Lowry, Copp and Stasney.
Who are we kidding though? TSNE has never made a difficult decision on a player or coach other than buying out Mark Stuart then giving him a job a year later.
TNSE needs to realize they aren’t the smartest guys in the room and act accordingly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad