GDT: If the game wasn’t played, would anyone notice or even care? (Florida @ Carolina)

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
That was easily the most exciting regular season game I've seen the Canes play live. Ward was quite good, and the team for some reason decided to play aggresive, physical hockey (except for one shameful display of not sticking up for Jeff Skinner).

Slavin had another brain fart tonight. Stared right at the point man and let the guy who scored the 2nd goal go. Very unlike him.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
So I've gone back and watched the final 30+ seconds on that OT about 4 times now. It's incredible.

I don't know if anybody else has mentioned it yet, but Skinner is skating backwards to receive that pass that starts the goal sequence and he is BLOWING down the ice. I've never seen anybody skate backwards that fast.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
faulk you lazy piece of ...

ALSO HELL YEAH HANIFIN

I assume the Faulk comment was made based on his back check in OT? I have a very tough time calling that "Lazy". He was completely out of gas. Aho just went straight to the bench but Faulk at least tried to get back into the play because if he had done like Aho, Rask would have been out there all alone (in case of a 3rd man in or rebound situation). Once it was Canes puck again, he immediately went to the bench. He played 22 min. in NY (2nd only to Slavin) the night before and lead the team last night with almost 25 min. That wasn't being lazy, that was being gassed, which happens to all teams in OT.

Faulk has his flaws which I will gladly point out when they occur, but I've been in that same position before where you just don't have the juice no matter how much will you have.

I was at a party with my wife so didn't get to watch the game, but wow, the OT looked like a lot of fun. Good to see Skinner get on the board again because he's a guy that seems to score in bunches so hopefully it bodes well.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Hanifin is really starting to blow up in front of us. I was seriously worried about him going into the year, now I'm worried we're gonna regret waiting to sign him. He's becoming our impact dman. I don't think Faulk is playing bad, he's trying to figure out how to play in this new world where he can be the fourth most important guy sometimes. Lesser roles, having to ready to make an impact when it's just not only him anymore.

My favorite two parts was his general attitude (and a few of the young guys were like this, like Aho and Fleury) after things got rough. A lot of our new core wanted it, and Hanifin started flying because he wanted to be a difference maker. He was passionate about it. My second part was his attitude about the impending fight. TVR rushed over to stop it and Hanifin was just standing there locked up, "no man I'm good...." and away they went. He didn't land much but he didn't back down an inch and he was the more powerful man. Stronger than the rough and tumble Mackenzie who must've had second thoughts mixed with some embarrassing desperation when he couldn't toss the kid around.

We still aren't built for any rough stuff but guys stepped up big time. Aho was a beast. Beating guys to pucks he knew were pissed and trying to kill him. Jstaal pissed off is the player we all want him to be. McGinn is perfect for that game. Pesce wanted to mix it up. I was so pumped watching those last two periods.

I haven't thought much of the RoR tradeboard crap, but to be honest in a game like this if you somehow swapped out Rask (I know - not happening) for him it would make a difference. He's a brindy type player, and they love those games. I don't think he's the skill center we need but a heart and soul leader that rises when needed most never goes awry. That was a playoff game, and that's the level they would be played at. One or two guys short for that level of action.

Jeff Skinner needs to be in the playoffs. Now. In his prime still.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Hanifin is really starting to blow up in front of us. I was seriously worried about him going into the year, now I'm worried we're gonna regret waiting to sign him. He's becoming our impact dman. I don't think Faulk is playing bad, he's trying to figure out how to play in this new world where he can be the fourth most important guy sometimes. Lesser roles, having to ready to make an impact when it's just not only him anymore.

My favorite two parts was his general attitude (and a few of the young guys were like this, like Aho and Fleury) after things got rough. A lot of our new core wanted it, and Hanifin started flying because he wanted to be a difference maker. He was passionate about it. My second part was his attitude about the impending fight. TVR rushed over to stop it and Hanifin was just standing there locked up, "no man I'm good...." and away they went. He didn't land much but he didn't back down an inch and he was the more powerful man. Stronger than the rough and tumble Mackenzie who must've had second thoughts mixed with some embarrassing desperation when he couldn't toss the kid around.

We still aren't built for any rough stuff but guys stepped up big time. Aho was a beast. Beating guys to pucks he knew were pissed and trying to kill him. Jstaal pissed off is the player we all want him to be. McGinn is perfect for that game. Pesce wanted to mix it up. I was so pumped watching those last two periods.

I haven't thought much of the RoR tradeboard crap, but to be honest in a game like this if you somehow swapped out Rask (I know - not happening) for him it would make a difference. He's a brindy type player, and they love those games. I don't think he's the skill center we need but a heart and soul leader that rises when needed most never goes awry. That was a playoff game, and that's the level they would be played at. One or two guys short for that level of action.

Jeff Skinner needs to be in the playoffs. Now. In his prime still.
Don't forget that nordy hit. Oof!

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I haven't thought much of the RoR tradeboard crap, but to be honest in a game like this if you somehow swapped out Rask (I know - not happening) for him it would make a difference. He's a brindy type player, and they love those games. I don't think he's the skill center we need but a heart and soul leader that rises when needed most never goes awry.
It seems like we should be able to afford a ROR/Faulk trade that would be similar to the Hanifin/Duchene discussion we've had in the past 6-9 months. It would have to involve a RHD coming back and a ROR replacement going to BUF. I'm living in Fantasyland here, and am ignorant of BUF's wants/needs and what they have for RHD, but something like ROR+RHD (Bogo?)=Faulk+Rask. Those of you who are more in tune with BUF can straighten me out on that.

Neighbor Lee

Sponsor
Oct 25, 2013
Droneview
So I've gone back and watched the final 30+ seconds on that OT about 4 times now. It's incredible.

I don't know if anybody else has mentioned it yet, but Skinner is skating backwards to receive that pass that starts the goal sequence and he is BLOWING down the ice. I've never seen anybody skate backwards that fast.

Glad you pointed that out. Jeff was flying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad