If the Dorion trades Karlsson what should fans do?

What should they do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Empty arena is a much more powerful statement than to show up just to boo him. You're going to get hungry from booing and buy food which helps him.
The problem with attempting to get a message across by not showing up is that in can result in the team either folding or moving. Personally, I don't want that. I feel a Melnyk chant at every game could send a clear message however. Incidently, I read that a fellow who was attending one of the last home games was carrying a "out with Melnyk" sign and he got into trouble with security and was finally thrown out of the arena.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
If Karlsson was traded, we might as well trade Duchene with him. Because Duchene ain't staying if Karlsson is gone. You're correct. Our franchise would be a joke and I would sell every Jersey I have and stop watching hockey. Karlsson should get paid.
I was thinking about Duchene as well. He wanted out of the Avalanche to be with a contender - at his age, that's his goal now. So, after this three way trade to get him, we do a rebuild, we trade EK and Duchene becomes a RFA in 2019... I don't think he will stay - why would he? And, if he doesn't, we will have traded Turris for nothing. This is nightmarish to say the least...

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
If Karlsson was traded, we might as well trade Duchene with him. Because Duchene ain't staying if Karlsson is gone. You're correct. Our franchise would be a joke and I would sell every Jersey I have and stop watching hockey. Karlsson should get paid.
How do you know ? Maybe he is staying only because Karlsson is gone ? This is his and Stones team after primadonna leaves.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If we are doing a complete teardown and rebuild, we likely won't be competitive for a good 5 years. By then, Stone will be 30. I love the guy, but if he loses even half a step, he won't be the same player at all.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
If we are doing a complete teardown and rebuild, we likely won't be competitive for a good 5 years. By then, Stone will be 30. I love the guy, but if he loses even half a step, he won't be the same player at all.

Yup... naming him captain would be setting him up for failure down the line. I also think he is starting to get a little to injury prone.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Cyril Leeders twitter likes over the last couple days have been fun.

If that's really him, I keep saying he's gotta go public at some point.

I was under the impression his severance is being stretched out over years tho, so I think he's still laying a bit low on the Sens.

That guy can for sure, 100% tell us what's up.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The problem with attempting to get a message across by not showing up is that in can result in the team either folding or moving. Personally, I don't want that. I feel a Melnyk chant at every game could send a clear message however. Incidently, I read that a fellow who was attending one of the last home games was carrying a "out with Melnyk" sign and he got into trouble with security and was finally thrown out of the arena.
This is why people still should go to games but not spend a dime on anything else. No concerts, no restaurant, no merchandise, no food etc.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
I was thinking about Duchene as well. He wanted out of the Avalanche to be with a contender - at his age, that's his goal now. So, after this three way trade to get him, we do a rebuild, we trade EK and Duchene becomes a RFA in 2019... I don't think he will stay - why would he? And, if he doesn't, we will have traded Turris for nothing. This is nightmarish to say the least...

Yeah, I can't see Duchene staying either. The writing is on the wall and now the Sens are a team to come to if you want a chance to play, but not a place to be if you want to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad