If the 2012 draft was done today would Morgan Reilly go #1?

Leafsbeast*

I'm not going to speculate a hypothetical situation, however, I will say we got good value at 5

Why not? Speculating is what you do in a hypothetical situation.

I agree, we got great value at 5.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Oilers had the first pick.

So, based on knowing that, Rielly would have a very good chance of going #1. Oilers would definitely choose a dman over Forsberg.

It would be between Lindholm and Rielly.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
I think you could make a good case for it.

Early on in the draft projections he was in the discussion for 1st OA.

But then he suffered a torn ACL in his knee, and missed almost the entire draft eligible season.

When the Leafs took him 5th overall, the general consensus was that if he was able to come back 100% from the injury it would be a steal of the draft, but the likelihood of him doing that was what allowed him to slide to 5th OA, and why a lot of people weren't really aware of who he was when he was picked. If was a little bit off-the-board at the time.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I said before the draft that he was the best D man in the draft and most likely the best player in the draft.

I was happy that he was injured as it gave us the opportunity to draft him!

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Oilers had the first pick.

So, based on knowing that, Rielly would have a very good chance of going #1. Oilers would definitely choose a dman over Forsberg.

It would be between Lindholm and Rielly.

Based on that it would definitely be Forsberg. Edmonton doesn't do defense :sarcasm:

GalacticaActual

Mar 23, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario
Having been out of the loop with Leafs news for the last couple of months, it kind of warms my heart to see that Rielly is developing so well. Would Rielly be a good choice for #1 among people outside of this forum too?

And what the heck happened to Yakupov!!!??? I wonder if he's even still in the NHL. When it comes to Oilers all I hear about are Eberle, Hall, and McDavid.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Remember all those Gardiner and the #5 for the #1 rumors/fan proposals back then. Believe most Oilers fans said no way lol. Oh boy imagine if we ended up dealing Gardiner and Rielly for Yakupov.

Morning Dart

Jun 22, 2013
Toronto
Love Morgan, but not #1 out of this draft for me:

1) Lindholm
2) Forsberg
3) Rielly
4) Maataa
5) Trouba

Galchenyuk, Yakupov, Murray in the mix in pure talent alone for 6/7/8.

Honestly one of the worst 1/2/3/4's in recent memory, 5-10 looking like a much better crop. Morgan's got the talent to be the best out of this draft, but for me Lindholm's separated himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad