If Sergei Kostitsyn opts not to sign by June 1

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
You mean if the Blackhawks took Kane at #1, and Kostitsyn was there at #35,they would grab him.?????????

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
I hate the Habs but I'd like to see him and Andrei on a line together in the NHL. Andrei showed the dynamic offensive talent he has at the end of the season with the big club, and Sergei has a well rounded two-way game (he does PK for London). But Sergei isn't NHL ready (1 year in minors would do wonders IMO), but he would be an excellent pickup for any team at any point in the draft outside the 1st round really.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Maybe. Both Jarret Stoll (Flames pick) + Matthew Lombardi (Oilers pick) went higher the next time around and funny thing is that they essentially swapped picks.

Lombardi is tearing it up at the WHC so a re-entrant pick isn't always bad.

Then there's guys like Fedor Fedorov.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
IF Sergei Kostitsyn went back to the DRAFT (1% chance of it happening, IMO)...

#1) I'd cry like a baby!!:cry: :p:
#2) I'm probably very biased;) , but I really think a GM would pick Sergei up in the TOP 20 (1st Round)....
#3) Why top 20 in 1st Round? IMO, Sergei who is now 20 yrs young is a lot more ready, more developed than all the others in the Draft (don't have to wait 2-3-4 years before playing in the NHL). And, he has shown that he's not only skilled/talented but can be gritty/physical and could also play a two-way game (good defensively; can do PK...).

All this said/written...Sergei will sign with the HABS (I really hope so!! gulp!;)).

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
If he refuses to sign with the habs or goes back home to play for some RU team, the Habs won't pick ANY RU player at a draft for a freakishly long time.
Enough with the RU player problems.

But lets see what happens first. No need to freak before we see whats what.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad