If not Stevens then...

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
A lot of us feel we should be able to do better than John Stevens as HC. If Blake decides this off season or next off season (more realistic in my eyes) that JS is not the guy, who do you feel could be available and be that HC for the Kings?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
To be honest I don't want a coach with a ton of experience/age.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Depends what direction the club is headed but if the Kings are looking to be competitive and not be in a rebuild mode, I would prefer a guy like Alain Vigneault.

If you are tearing it all down, then go with a younger guy like Sheldon Keefe who has done a solid job with the Toronto Marlies.

Reactions: Rorschach

Sausages

Apr 28, 2017
Kings could use a more dynamic coach. Whoever it was would have to sign a clause saying that they can't break up a winning side based on whose pop is on the dads' trip.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
We just need a coach that knows how to beat the Ducks and the Sharks. Oh yeah, Vegas too. You just can't keep sucking against the biggest threats in your division especially now that the (flawed) playoff system forces you to play division foes most of the time and expect to have success in the playoffs.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I think we are stuck with Stevens for another year. In hindsight it was a horrible decision to promote from within for the GM, HC and AGM after how awful the Kings were in 15, 16, 17. I still think the Kings made a gentleman's agreement with Stevens that it was going to be his team once Sutter retired and they did the honorable thing and kept him on. No proof of that, and Blake would obviously never admit it, but my personal opinion is that's what happened, why else would Stevens turn down so many jobs, it makes no sense.

I think Stevens stays the year (unless things were to really fall off) and his return depends on how the team does, missing the playoffs or a repeat of the 16 and 18 playoffs and he is done.

2-4 Slashin

Tony Granato Fan!
Jul 25, 2005
South Pasadena
Is there a coach that preaches D but can also allow for a creative offense. Or do you need to compile a great D Corp first in order to let your scorers break free. The 2012 Kings D perhaps imagine them with the group of forwards we have compiled.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
A little late in the game to hire him but my ideal candidate would be a younger Iron Mike Keenan. I want to see players scared to show up for day 1 of training camp cause they know bag skates are coming. No more country club life style, no more ridiculous bark madness or cribs or surfing. You're here to be in top shape and play winning hockey. You are not gonna play if you can only turn it on in the last 3 minutes of the game cause you're down. If you're not on board then you're shipped out of town to the coldest place the GM can find on the map-bring your jacket.

Reactions: Butch 19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->