If Johnson elbowed Downie in his draft year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
If Jack Johnson elbowed Downie and it was in his draft year how would it effect his draft ranking? Do you think he would have gone lower, same or higher (not likely as he was projected to go 2nd after Crosby).

Would GM's thought he was more risky like Robbie Schremp in his draft year?

Transported Upstater

trahans99 said:
If Jack Johnson elbowed Downie and it was in his draft year how would it effect his draft ranking? Do you think he would have gone lower, same or higher (not likely as he was projected to go 2nd after Crosby).

Schremp was a different case. When he was growing up, he made a lot of enemies. One of the most arrogant teenagers ever. Plus, coming out of the 'Cuse, his skating was questionable, and although he improved by the time of his draft year, he certainly couldn't list skating as a strength.

He's so much different now. He's no Mike Gartner, but his skating has improved noticeably. And he's confident and has an edge to his personality, but not the overwhelming, abraisive, hate-inducing arrogance of his youth.

I think Johnson is a physical player who made a mistake. Hopefully he knows it, and moves on.

A Good Flying Bird*

trahans99 said:

Can the HF mods please try to keep a lid on this Johnson Madness.

The canadians on this board are embarassing me with their constant crying.

Maybe I ought to go post a Johnson-elbow related story on the political board.

Sheesh.

A Good Flying Bird*

Crosby87 said:
The Flyers would have drafted him :biglaugh:

I'd trade Zetterberg or Datsyuk right now for the rights to Jack Johnson.

He's THAT good.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
TinCanCommunications said:
Can the HF mods please try to keep a lid on this Johnson Madness.

The canadians on this board are embarassing me with their constant crying.

Maybe I ought to go post a Johnson-elbow related story on the political board.

Sheesh.

Am I crying about it?? NO!!!!! I'm asking a simple question. If you can't answer than don't f*******g respond.

Obviously you have no class and dignity as an American or you would understand what all the fuss is about. What Johnson did is wrong, plain and simple. I'd be embarassed if I was an American.

Powdered Toast Man

Is he a ham?
Nov 22, 2005
trahans99 said:
Am I crying about it?? NO!!!!! I'm asking a simple question. If you can't answer than don't f*******g respond.

Obviously you have no class and dignity as an American or you would understand what all the fuss is about. What Johnson did is wrong, plain and simple. I'd be embarassed if I was an American.

:biglaugh:

Wow. I wish you were american. :shakehead

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Brule said:
If Johnson had elbowed Downie in his draft year, I reckon that he would've gone 1st overall.
Not sure about Patrick, but Burke definitely would have taken him.

A Good Flying Bird*

trahans99 said:

Dude, do you see that little Canadian Flag under my avatar?

Seriously, Chill out.

We don't need this ridiculous and often childish discussion spilling into another board.

There are about 1,200 people willing to engage in your obscenity-filled and insult-laden discussions on the WJC board.

Keep it there, is all I'm saying.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
trahans99 said:

You'd better not ever cheer for Team Canada again. Far FAR worse than that elbow have been committed by Canadian players (whilest wearing the Red Maple Leaf or by players that ended up wearing said Red Leaf).

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Well, Johnson did do something similar last year (against the Czechs in the U18's) and it didn't affect his draft position, so can we close this thread? What Johnson did was wrong, but it wasn't Bertuzzi like or anything similar.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
norrisnick said:
You'd better not ever cheer for Team Canada again. Far FAR worse than that elbow have been committed by Canadian players (whilest wearing the Red Maple Leaf or by players that ended up wearing said Red Leaf).

Oh i'll be cheering for Team Canada on Tuesday then in the Finals and at every chance I can, you can bet on it! :yo:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
trahans99 said:
Oh i'll be cheering for Team Canada on Tuesday then in the Finals and at every chance I can, you can bet on it! :yo:
So you're just trolling. Gotcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->