If Hall is traded now does he return more than Larsson?

If Hall is traded now does he return more than Larsson?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
do you really need to poll this

anyways, answer is no because Hall is about to miss the playoffs again. This is 8 seasons now, he's arguably worse than Jay Bouwmeester and Olli Jokinen

Leonhard Euler

Mar 5, 2018
Competent GM would always (at any time future or past) get A LOT more for Hall than just Larsson.
Why is this a poll?

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I raise you 4 Adam Larssons!

images
images
images
images

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
People can bash the oilers as much as they like

bottom line is Larsson is a good D-man--he can haul 20 to 25 minutes a night in any situation

Oilers D was worse before he arrived

EVERYONE IN THE NHL
EVERYONE ON THIS SITE

knew the oilers needed to make a move for a guy like Larsson

Oilers were behind the 8 ball

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
People can bash the oilers as much as they like

bottom line is Larsson is a good D-man--he can haul 20 to 25 minutes a night in any situation

Oilers D was worse before he arrived

EVERYONE IN THE NHL
EVERYONE ON THIS SITE

knew the oilers needed to make a move for a guy like Larsson

Oilers were behind the 8 ball

Oilers needed to make a move for a guy like Larsson but not at the expense of Hall. If Shero doesn't budge, you simply move on. Chia absolutely got fleeced and the Oilers are better with Hall then with Larsson.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Chia will probably offer McDavid for Hall because the Oilers need wingers and everyone knows you have to over pay to get a position of need.
/thread

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
He's had 2 PPG+ seasons before it's not like he dramatically increased his trade value

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Oilers needed to make a move for a guy like Larsson but not at the expense of Hall. If Shero doesn't budge, you simply move on. Chia absolutely got fleeced and the Oilers are better with Hall then with Larsson.

about a month before the Hall trade

I posted on the trade board Hall to the NYI for Hamonic, Strome and a 1st--I believe at some point in time we will hear that the NYI came back and asked for Klefbom or Nurse to be added to that trade

When I was at the world championships in St Petersburgh I had a few people I know associated with different teams tell me Hall was in play. The league collectively decided not to budge of any trades demands that came from the oilers.

People can speculate about the lead up to that trade

but I am 99% sure I am correct that every team the oilers talk about ANY d man--the ask was Hall

Reactions: Legionnaire

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
He's had 2 PPG+ seasons before it's not like he dramatically increased his trade value

38 points in 53 then 65 in 82 the 2 seasons prior to the trade so no and yes, he would return a lot more than Larsson today if he was traded. Silly poll

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Should've gotten way more for Hall in the first place. No GM in the league aside from Chiarelli would consider trading Hall for Larsson. Chiarelli's a moron.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
he'd always get more, but it's pretty tiring hearing about it in the context of Larsson being trash

the only people dumber than the ones that point out how terrible the return was are those who ignore how good Larsson is

Last edited:

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
He would always get a better return in terms of futures, but will get bigger a better player back than a #2D?

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
I’ll admit that I thought it was a good trade for both teams at the time, but mostly because I thought Larsson had untapped offensive potential that’d break through on the Oilers.

Now that we’ve seen that he’s basically a pure defensive guy... Yeah, very bad trade, but it had potential to work out pretty well for the Oilers when it happened.

And in the end, this is far from the only thing that’s screwed the Oilers this season. If Chia didn’t make so many other terrible moves in addition to this trade, the Oilers would probably be pretty decent right now (like they were last season, without Hall).

To answer the poll question, yes, Hall would return a boatload in a trade now. If I were Jersey, the only kind of d-men I’d trade him for are the Subbans and Doughtys of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad