NFL: If Eli Manning retired today, would you give him a Hall of Fame vote?

Would you vote Eli into the HoF?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Powerslave

Oct 19, 2017
Upstate NY
Honestly, his name doesn't cross my mind when I think about great QBs. I mean, he has two rings... but still. Don't think of him as a future HOF. I guess he'll make it one day anyways.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Eli is Rod Brind'Amour. Good numbers, been around awhile, won it all, but were never really anywhere close to the best at their positions. I pass.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
He will get it cause how he played in the Super Bowl runs

Wether he deserves it is another question.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Yes. The stat whackers will have a conniption, but he imminently deserves it.

On what planet does he "imminently" deserve it? He's a first ballot hall of very good inductee. He's never been anywhere close to the discussion of best in the league. He's just been around forever. Doing something above average for ten years doesn't make you great at it.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He meets the HOF criteria of QB’s.

300+ TD, 2 Super Bowls, 2 Super Bowl MVP, 50,000+ yards passing, playoff record over .500.

So yes, he’s going into the HOF and probably an underrated gunslinger.

He's also top 10 in passing yards (Ben, Rivers and Ryan & Rodgers are the active QBs who could pass him at 7th), top 10 in touchdowns, has the two Super Bowl runs and is generally pretty good in the playoffs. Also helps he was the face of the franchise for one of the most popular teams for a long time.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I think he's in, are BigBen and Rivers in also? For me I think they're kinda like a package deal [at least with Ben & Eli with their 2 SBs]
Ben: 49k yards, 64% comp., 321 TDs, 172 INTs
Eli: 50k yards, 60% comp., 334 TDs, 222 INTs
& I think it's pretty well accepted that Ben's played on better teams over the years, on average

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think he's in, are BigBen and Rivers in also? For me I think they're kinda like a package deal [at least with Ben & Eli with their 2 SBs]
Ben: 49k yards, 64% comp., 321 TDs, 172 INTs
Eli: 50k yards, 60% comp., 334 TDs, 222 INTs
& I think it's pretty well accepted that Ben's played on better teams over the years, on average

Ben & Eli for sure.... River's I'm not 100% sure if he'll get in. He's certainly got the stats and recognition, but voters can be finicky about the lack of team success.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
On what planet does he "imminently" deserve it? He's a first ballot hall of very good inductee. He's never been anywhere close to the discussion of best in the league. He's just been around forever. Doing something above average for ten years doesn't make you great at it.
Yeah I know the HOF should just be a kiosk in a Canton Mall with busts of Jerry Rice and Jim Brown.

Reactions: Voight

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Eli was carried to two SBs by his defense.
that's really not true & I'm an eagles fan
he outplayed tony romo, brett favre & then tom brady in 3 straight playoff games during their 1st run

no one has the recent Giants defenses anywhere near the top 25 defenses of all time [although obviously they played quite well during their SB runs]

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Explaining my reasoning for "no"...

I personally prefer peak over longevity. At what point could you say with a straight face that Eli was a top five QB in the entire league? Yes, two SB rings and two SB MVPs, I know... If you want to use the argument that he's a winner, his career record is 110-100. His stats are up there in the historical leaderboards, but that's because he's played so long in a passing era.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
50K+ yds passing (Top 10 in NFL history)
330+ TD's (Top 10 in NFL history)
2x SB MVP
2x SB Champion

Compares well to someone like Jim Kelly overall and others in HOF

Also his playoff #'s are good
12 Games
2,815 passing yds
18 TD's
8-4 record

I would put him in but not 1st ballot guy

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Playing an AFC championship game with a torn acl is leadership. HOFer Ladanian Tomlinson sat on the sidelines with an owie.

I would say playing like shit and costing your team because your too selfish to sit is more a damning indictment against Rivers. Especially since it was close game but he lead Chargers offense nowhere in game with his piss poor play

And if you look at Rivers playoff track record its full of underwhelming performances

Reactions: Voight

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
Eli is Rod Brind'Amour. Good numbers, been around awhile, won it all, but were never really anywhere close to the best at their positions. I pass.
I feel he's more like Chris Osgood. No one will really admit he has HOF talent but he has the accomplishments and numbers to say yes I am a HOFer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->