If atleast half of are not on the team come 2010?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildone26*

I am not saying atleast half of the members of the 2006 mens Olympic hockey team will be on the 2010 mens Olympic hockey team. However both TSN and Sportsnet suggested that and used that exact number(atleast half). So just out of curiosity if you had to pick atleast half of the 2006 mens Olympic team to not make the 2010 mens Olympic hockey team, and again I am not insinuating that is what you think, just in the hypothetical scenario they are right on that, which minimum 12 out of 23 would you think would not make it?

Forwards:

Sakic
Iginla
Gagne
Nash
Heatley
Thornton
Bertuzzi
LeCavalier
Richards
St. Louis
Doan
Draper
Smyth

Defence:

Pronger
Foote
Blake
Bouwmeester
McCabe
Redden
Rhegher

Goaltenders:

Brodeur
Luongo
Turco

The ones bolded are the 12 that I believe would not make the 23 man roster in 2010, if indeed that forecast that atleast half of the 2006 team wont make the team in 2010, although again that is only under that hypothetical scenario.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I think Nash will be there in 2010. He'll have another 4 years to mature and improve his game.

People forget he was dominating at the Worlds. Granted it wasn't the Olympics, but because of the lockout, there was top notch talent there.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Richards was the only forward who I found was actually decent in this year's tournament.

I think he's been underrated his whole career and that is bound to continue.

Nash probably has more upside than Richards as a goal scorer though.

wildone26*

Keep in mind this thread is supposed to be based on the hypothetical of atleast 12 players not making the 2010 team, even if that is not what you believe, and you believe less(maybe far less)than that that were on the 2006 team will be left off the 2010 team it is a hypothetical if you had to leave atleast 12 off. Thus if you are going to go by my list, for anyone I left off you you have in, you would have to leave somebody else off. For example if you put Nash in, you would have to take somebody I have in off to open that spot, if you were basing it on my list that is. :)

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Just because Nash didn't have a "OMG HE ROCKZ" tournament, doesn't refute the fact that he is one of the best goal-scorers Canada has

Like someone said, 25>21

Sadly, the Knee-Jerk continues on the Canada loss in the Olympics. Give it up guys, it's going to be a LONG four years if you don't

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Well I remember Nagano and having to wait 4 years until Salt Lake. But during those four year Canada didnt do well in intl tournaments. No Gold in the WJC, no Gold in the Worlds. But this time its different in the last three Worlds we've won two golds and a silver and two straight Golds in the WJC. It'll be hard but winning a few more of those tournys by 2010 will hurt a little less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->